Lost key replacement help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ant1

Good friend of mine has lost one of their keyless keys for their new 2018 C class and require a replacement. No idea how Mercedes charge but it will be expensive. Are there any alternatives to getting a new key for these other than dealers?

Cheers for help

Approx where are you located - I have a guy who can do the majority of keys and bought all the MB software a couple of years ago.

Approx where are you located - I have a guy who can do the majority of keys and bought all the MB software a couple of years ago.
Any chance you can PM their details as I need a spare/2nd key for my R129 SL as haven't been able to order a replacement from MB yet?

there are plenty of websites which offered replacement keys, but i still recommend to get your from dealership, as each key is uniquely programmed.

They are based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.

Sorry but that will not work, he covers the Cambs, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex vicinity.

Any chance you can PM their details as I need a spare/2nd key for my R129 SL as haven't been able to order a replacement from MB yet?

Rockits, please pm me your post code and I will ask if he wants to do it, if it's an infa red as opposed to more modern chip system he wont do it;
his software is for about 2000 to current age cars after a conversation just now, but he will give me another local indie once he knows where you are located.

Pls pm accordingly,
Mark

I have tried to get another remote fob for my 2002 A210 but MB tell me it is not possible , was only able to buy a Master Key ( not remote ) . Is it possible you could ask your contact if getting another is possible, or could you PM the contact details, many thanks Chris

I have tried to get another remote fob for my 2002 A210 but MB tell me it is not possible , was only able to buy a Master Key ( not remote ) . Is it possible you could ask your contact if getting another is possible, or could you PM the contact details, many thanks Chris

As in prior post, he only works the areas there indicated; sorry but he wont know anyone in your area.

If your key point unit resembles those like the W203 C Class, I have another contact who could generate keys if you removed and sent him that unit.
I successfully did that on a 2007 W203 estate I used to have which I bought with no keys as a stolen/recovered.

Check if they are the same unit type and I will give you the contact info by pm if it will assist.

Also important to have the lost key electronically removed from the list of keys accepted by the vehicle.

Reactions: 219
As in prior post, he only works the areas there indicated; sorry but he wont know anyone in your area.

If your key point unit resembles those like the W203 C Class, I have another contact who could generate keys if you removed and sent him that unit.
I successfully did that on a 2007 W203 estate I used to have which I bought with no keys as a stolen/recovered.

Check if they are the same unit type and I will give you the contact info by pm if it will assist.

Hi, I should have read the thread properly . Am sure the remote for the Aclass is not the same , thanks anyway

FWIW I bought a replacement key for £242 from MB dealer direct, because I found that although you can get it cheaper, it wasn’t really wasn’t a big enough difference to justify going ‘third party’.

Good friend of mine has lost one of their keyless keys for their new 2018 C class and require a replacement. No idea how Mercedes charge but it will be expensive. Are there any alternatives to getting a new key for these other than dealers?

Cheers for help
Don't forget to have the missing key deleted from the vehicle's electronic memory - so that it will no longer work .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom