LOST MY DATA GPS CLA C118

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SabiriHP

Car
CLA 2020 C118
Hello, last night, I navigated the engineer menu of my CLA C118 car and I mistakenly deleted the gps data I have on my car ,

so if i go to download the gps data to a usb again and put it in the car, is it going to ask me to enter the gps PIN( Key) even i didnt have it ?

Thank you

BEFORE DELETED : MRC2.jpg
=>>> AFTER 😖😖 MRC.jpg

Can it be reset back to factory settings ?

Hello, last night, I navigated the engineer menu of my CLA C118 car and I mistakenly deleted the gps data I have on my car ,

so if i go to download the gps data to a usb again and put it in the car, is it going to ask me to enter the gps PIN( Key) even i didnt have it ?

Thank you

BEFORE DELETED : View attachment 95008
=>>> AFTER 😖😖 View attachment 95009
Yes it most likely will ask for a Pin code.

If car is < 3 years old (highly likely being a MBUX car, can't quite recall when it first came out) you will need the PIN, but the dealer can generate it for free. It is possible NTG5.5 and MBUX will be able to do that automatically for you since both those systems can download map updates over-the-air

Now you found out don't mess about in engineering mode :) Doing a reset on other cars will put the config of options back (so you lose CarPlay. Reverse camera etc etc) to default and that will cost you £££ to sort out.

Richard

If car is < 3 years old (highly likely being a MBUX car, can't quite recall when it first came out) you will need the PIN, but the dealer can generate it for free. It is possible NTG5.5 and MBUX will be able to do that automatically for you since both those systems can download map updates over-the-air

Now you found out don't mess about in engineering mode :) Doing a reset on other cars will put the config of options back (so you lose CarPlay. Reverse camera etc etc) to default and that will cost you £££ to sort out.

Richard

THANK YOU RICHARD I WILL NEVER TOUCHED ENGINEERING MODE I WILL GOING TO THE DEALER AFTER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom