Lost my Porter Cable!! What to replace it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

I had a Porter Cable and used it to polish my cars and boat and loved it but........ somehow i have managed to misplace it whether it was stolen or whatever i dont know but its gone.

So having been out of the detailing scene that changes so quickly what would the panel advise as a good replacement??

Thanks in advance:D

Assuming you are talking about the DA polisher, the anoraks on detailingworld recommend 3 machines - Portercable, Meguiars G220 and Kestrel DAS6. Owners speak well of all 3 machines, so I guess it's down to personal preference and budget - the DAS6 is noticably cheaper that the other 2. Wife bought me one for Xmas, but have yet to try it out. Shop around - prices vary considerably, and occasionally you'll find a very good deal.

I have the Megs 220, it's an excellent machine and I would highly reccomend one BUT the Kestrel does the same thing for less money.

what about replacing it with another Porter cable. TBH, haven't used anything else, but very happy with it.

Must say, I have been very happy with my G220, although if the Kestrel had been around when I was buying, I think I would have gone for that one. Bargain at the price they are going for!

Jon

Isn't the Kestrel pro better than the kestrel ? More power longer cable. Clean your car have both.

I used to have a P/Cable, since replaced it with a Kestral DA, I generally use a rotary but have this mainly for applying sealants etc.. a very capable machine and a good price, you will find it has a bit more power than the PC.

Isn't the Kestrel pro better than the kestrel ? More power longer cable. Clean your car have both.

Hi

Yes the "Power +" is slightly more powerful with a 6m lead. They will be in stock next week.

If you would like the absolute best, then we will have the "special one" coming in March. However it will about 3 times the price and is especially suited for professionals.

The standard Kestrel is more than up to the job.

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :)

Hi

Thanks all for the input:)

I will have a look around the net and see what deals can be had on the Kestrel DAS-6.

Liked the safety of the PC seeing as it was 110v but it was a pain shifting the transformer all the time and it was slow to take out really deep scraps/swirls. I had used it as a sanding machine the odd time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom