Lost Season 2 Discussion (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by scotth_uk, Nov 8, 2005.

1. scotth_uk

scotth_uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Renault
    It looks like there are a few of us watching Lost in line with US schedules, so on with the discussion.....

If you are not up with the US schedule, be careful reading past here! :devil:

2. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
    So....

We now know what the island is and who created it, however we are not sure how many more stations there are. Front survivors are in "Swan" or station 3. Rear survivors are in another un-named station with a different Dharama logo that looked like a cross. Station 3 has one hell of a big electromagnet installed and working.

We know that there are the front survivors, the rear survivors, the "others", the french chick and the sailor guy.

We think that Walt has paranormal/special powers after the bird incident and various other moments. The Dharma video mentioned that one of the topics of research on the island was "the paranormal".

Questions:

What was the "security system" that pulled Lock into the hole, and why did it look like smoke? (Nanotechnology research on the island?)

Who are the "others". (French chick's buddies? Other station attendees?)

Is the electromagnet responsible for pulling the boats and planes to the island?

3. Flyer

Flyer Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDI Coupe
    Watched e5 last night; thought it was v e r y s l o w; hoping for some fireworks in e6. Although Michelle Rodriguez more than makes up for it [​IMG]

When's e6 aired in the US?

So, is this the place to talk about why, what and, err ... why, again? ;)

4. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
    E6 is this week, be sure to watch your favourite torrent sites for the download.

Walt's words to Shannon seem to be a hot topic on various Lost forums. Is the button good or bad. ;-)

Also - has everyone seen the Oceanic Air website - this link in particular is of great value: http://www.oceanic-air.com/inflightmagazine.htm

5. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
    Spotted this earlier:

I was reading last weeks issue of US weekly and JJ Abrams gave out the name of two sights that he stated would help answer some questions. The first one is humpys.net, which is basically a fan site and the other is thehansofoundation.org. He stated that the second sight had a hidden link on the active projects page where you could view films that will eventually be seen on the show. I have gone there a billion times found the link but can't get anythin to load, it is taking forever. Has anyone else had the same problem. It is driving me crazym because I would like to watch the films. I am not sure if this has been addressed so I am sorry if this is a repeat. Someone please help!!!!!

6. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
  7. smartbrabus

smartbrabus Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
    The plot thickens... I guess we all know something bad is gonna happen to a certain character in Ep. 6?

8. Flyer

Flyer Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDI Coupe
    Scott, I haven't had a look at any Lost forums until just now ... and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of info, supposition, etc on there. There's a 36 page thread dedicated to Desmond for God's sake!!

Too much info to digest; do you know anywhere where there is a precis of the first couple of episodes ... want to check if I've missed anything (like Walt's words to Shannon :rolleyes: )

9. SEM

SEM Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 C220 CDi SPORT & E350 Coupe Sport
    Flippin Eck and that putting it mildly! (not going to read, not going to read, not going to read, not going to read) There is some major PR push to keep everone hooked, it makes the word association thread look like a paragraph.

10. SEM

Car:
    Whats with the all flights cancelled!! hehe ;)

11. WLeg

WLeg Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CT-200h, VW Polo, Rav4,
    ethan rom = other man .... plays a video on the Oceanic air site.

12. Satch

Satch Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
    Sure I cannot be alone in this.

I have seen a single episode of Lost all the way through. I managed to sit through a second for 15 minutes before getting annoyed with the blatent padding out, plastic characterisations and idiotic scripting by numbers that not even some strong actors could redeem.

Fail to see what warrants the hype. Is it just that other US TV shows are so shite?

Lost is now Gone as far as I am concerned.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  13. com

com Active Member

Car:
    Sports Coupe
    Quite enjoy it as long as you fast forward the flashbacks, really getting annoying in the second season. Though its good to see some new characters and possibly new storylines.

14. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
    Satch, to each their own I guess. It's the first TV show I have actually wanted to watch regularly for years. Most people I know who've only seen one episode have made the same comment. The ones who've then gone back and watched from the start are now addicted. I don't think a single episode makes any sense.

The flashbacks are crucial viewing as they actively redefine the characters as the show progresses, not to mention contain lots of interesting "second storyline" stuff. For instance - Jin is portrayed as a murderer earlier on in the series, only to be shown to be quite the opposite later on. It skews the way you react to certain scenes.

There's about three ways to watch this show:
    1. Just watch it
    2. Watch it and pay attention to the little clues in flashbacks
    3. Watch it and research it on the web for further explanation and speculation.

Like everything else on TV these days, you have to check your brain at the door. It's like a puzzle for me - mildly addictive.

15. SEM

Car:
    Whooooo just watched S2e6 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm o errrr. never expected that. Absolutly hated the B*%$H but now they show another story.

16. com

com Active Member

Car:
    Sports Coupe
    Ah thanks for the reminder, had forgotten it back last night ;)

17. SEM

Car:
    to be honest i did not think it was back yet, but had it ready to watch within an hour!
    I have spent too much time reading the forums, what are some people on!!!! :crazy:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  18. Satch

Satch Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
    Afraid I am a hopeless case.

Many people do not believe this, but I have never, ever sat through a single episode of the more common soap operas. Yes, there is somebody in the UK who has never watched Coronation Street or Eastenders for more than a few moments and never so much as clapped eyes on a great number of series.

Get very little time to watch TV so am very selective and probably hyper critical, to the extent that if my wife wants to watch something drippy I am made to leave the room.

("Stop being so ******* critical!

"Never said a word"

"You are tapping your foot/sighing/drumming fingers/giving off negative vibes again!!!!!")

When I am in the US on business I simply cannot turn the TV in the hotel room on other than the news or weather channels. TV in the US in terms of poor quality and saturation adverts just drives me into a rage!

19. SEM

Car:
    Yep it's real bad, ads before and after credits, annoying. :mad:

Never watched a soap, I like the odd series depending what rating they get.
    Vary rarely watch a movie twice also

20. OP
    OP
    scotth_uk

Car:
    Renault
    /me owns up to becoming a sad Eastenders watching pensioner-equivalent since moving to the UK. Never used to watch any soaps back home.

Joined the gym last week to try and prevent it from getting any worse.