Lots of mb recalls this week!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Number 6 - cracking fule pipes - is very recent and a very tight time range but on a wide range of vehicles. You wonder what happened in those 3 weeks.

Not really, plenty of recalls for all manufacturers of cars take place including BMW.

Perhaps not all manufacturers are as upfront as Mercedes.
When the collision avoidance system on my late 2014 Mini Cooperdiesel randomly slammed the brakes on at 70mph on an open motorway having sensed a phantom head on collision imminently BMW were very offhand about getting to the root of the problem. 5 times in 6 months and 15,000 miles to me is a potentially lethal problem. The fact that they had the car for 3 days and it was ok isn't really the answer.
Also a car that says to call BMW assistance because it has a starting fault - a non dangerous issue ,but in fact needs a new steering assembly is something else to be of concern....... that is why I no longer want a BMW product.

When the collision avoidance system on my late 2014 Mini Cooperdiesel randomly slammed the brakes on at 70mph on an open motorway having sensed a phantom head on collision imminently BMW were very offhand about getting to the root of the problem. 5 times in 6 months and 15,000 miles to me is a potentially lethal problem. The fact that they had the car for 3 days and it was ok isn't really the answer.
Also a car that says to call BMW assistance because it has a starting fault - a non dangerous issue ,but in fact needs a new steering assembly is something else to be of concern....... that is why I no longer want a BMW product.

I know what you mean about BMW i want a 1 series for me and the wife as it ticks all the boxes for me rwd and decent diesel engine especially the 123d oh and its small-ish as my wife commutes to liverpool but timing chain issues have scared me right off. They seem to offer no help to customers even if its done low miliage. The timing chain is on the back of the engine and can somtimes require a new crank. Id have no worries about re building the engine but the ear ache id get while off the road just aint worth it. Im torn now between a c220 cdi or the 320cdi but from looking at this page they have there niggles

Was this a common issue or an isolated fault with your car? Here's a list, I must admit I haven't read it in detail.

BMW Recall Information - Autoblog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom