Loud engine noise B180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LG79

Car
Mercedes B180 sport
Hi all I have a 2013 B180 Sport, which has recently developed a loud noise on engine start which last a few seconds then back to normal. I can only describe the noise as similar to a sewing machine, once noise goes the car drives fine and sits idle with no issue. But as of this morning, it now has a loud clunking coming from the top of the engine that doesn’t stop and gets worse when engine is revved. Any ideas at all, as I’m stumped.

My advise would be not to drive it and recover it to the local MB or MB indy.

Sounds like tappets/valve issues, sometimes normal for a few seconds on start up until the oil circulates.
I second the 'get advice' post, will probably do more damage if driven.

My advise would be not to drive it and recover it to the local MB or MB indy.
Yeah I definitely won’t be driving it, the noise is horrendous so won’t be risking it! Just dubious of having someone claim it’s something worse than it really is, to get a higher fee.

Yeah I definitely won’t be driving it, the noise is horrendous so won’t be risking it! Just dubious of having someone claim it’s something worse than it really is, to get a higher fee.

Get it recovered to Acid at MSL Performance in Sparkhill. He will give you an honest appraisal of the problem.

1-2 Armoury Rd, Birmingham B11 2PP
0121 772 4455

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom