Loud mouth + 6 balls = a million laughs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I notice Sir Richard Hadlee criticised Brett Lee for injuring Piers Morgan. I agree. He should have been going for the kill. From I haven't got a clue (the Radio 4 antidote to panel games) - definition of Countryside - killing Piers Morgan.

No relation Charles ?

Nope. I'd quite happily be related to the motor company ones, or the rum ones, or the banking ones, but no, Morgan is a first name turned surname in Welsh so most are un-related.

If I am related a deed poll is the only option.

"Let's have a big cheer for Peers!" = A murmur.

"Let's have a big round of applause for Peers!" = All-but nothing.

Mr Popular. :rolleyes: :D

A pity it was only 1 over. A 20-20 match would have probably finished the job off nicely.

I wonder how many of us could face such an over?

I wonder how many of us could face such an over?

Mrs Ringway's Dad (81) would make a fist of it, if allowed to use his trusty frying pan or tray that have saved him from many a missile launched by her volatile Mum (76) over the years. Neither of them have learnt - He doesn't know when to keep schtum and she doesn't care what she breaks or if he gets hurt.
Better than anything on TV. :D

Was Jeremy Clarkson bowling?

Not a fan of Piers... but pretty disgusting to see a professional sportsman hurl a cricket ball at an overweight ageing man. He should've been aiming at the stumps not a fat amateur's body. It looked like the 3rd ball hit him in the right place to break that rib and he didn't exactly seem too thrilled when it hit!

Shame he didn't break his neck !! Or at least break his jaw so the gob****e couldn't talk for a good while.

Not a fan of Piers... but pretty disgusting to see a professional sportsman hurl a cricket ball at an overweight ageing man. He should've been aiming at the stumps not a fat amateur's body. It looked like the 3rd ball hit him in the right place to break that rib and he didn't exactly seem too thrilled when it hit!

Got to agree with you...i'm not a huge fan of Piers either but Bret was definitely out to hurt him...

And virtually every delivery was a no ball!!

Reminded me of Bodyline documentary on TV many years ago when England toured Australia in 1932-33

I concur. Not a fan of Morgan.

But this looked just plain nasty. I rather thought the objective was to strike the stumps. That didn't appear to be the objective of the first balls.

I'm not impressed by the attitude of the bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom