Love it.... Hate it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_UK

Car
W203 C220 CDI, ML 270, W203 180k, W202 180, A 190
Don’t get me wrong I love my C220 CDI, but on the other hand it drives me mad... I had to fill up again today after only doing 320 miles on £60. That is with 20 miles left in the tank... once I filled it up to ½ a tank the engineering management light came on.... grrrrr
Surely the engine management light should not come on and stay on just because it gets real low on fuel....
:mad::confused:

well, diesel is climbing up so for the same money you get less fuel... anyway is 32MPG just about right? depending on driving style and all.

Don’t get me wrong I love my C220 CDI, but on the other hand it drives me mad... I had to fill up again today after only doing 320 miles on £60. That is with 20 miles left in the tank... once I filled it up to ½ a tank the engineering management light came on.... grrrrr
Surely the engine management light should not come on and stay on just because it gets real low on fuel....
:mad::confused:
erm, no it shouldn't so you should be taking it to a garage with a star machine that can investigate.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

Last edited:
I'm getting between 450 and 500 miles (45/50 to the gallon) on that amount of fuel in the estate. I'm paying 1.30 per litre at the moment here in Portsmouth.

It's a reasonably heavy car with a small(ish) diesel engine and an autobox. In the cold weather, with round-town driving, you aren't going to see great MPG unfortunately.

When I got my E320 last year, it would cost around £83 to fill the 80L tank, it now costs £102.40!!

Around town, I'm lucky to see 32mpg but thankfully my driving is mostly short and long runs on main roads and motorways....

I read that you get fuel economy having the car in 'S' rather than 'C' ?

I drive 400 miles from Jarrow to Weymouth and back again every week. at £1.31 a litre it cost me about £69.00 to fill up with low level light showing. Cruise control on and at 75mph I get between 550 to 600 miles per tank ie 50 mpg. If I drive at 65mph I get 55 mpg:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom