Love working on the car. Please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
I love to spend spare time working on the merc but a neighbour in particular in a factored building is complaining way too much. They don't like me working on the car in a garage that I pay to have access to as part of owning a property in the block. Now I'm thinking to just work elsewhere on the car but where? Please help?

If your not carrying out a business and it is purely a hobby working on your own vehicle what is their problem, as long as you respect reasonable working hours and noise levels I would carry on.

Is that constant arguing with her. Then she starts taking pics of me as well. Today she made me so upset.

Are you asking for advice how to deal with the neighbour, on for suggestions where you can work on your car?

I can't answer the 'where else' question, however, whilst not knowing anything about your location etc., some blocks of garages/parking spaces, particularly if linked to flats/apartments have restrictions/covenants prohibiting any work on vehicles. No idea whether applicable but might explain why neighbour not happy. Of course, might be nothing to do with it.

In what way is this affecting the complainant?

Do you live in the UK?

FFY100

Hopefully you have some idea as to whether you (or she) are being reasonable. The term "reasonable" can be open subjective interpretation. (Using a machine polisher or power tool occasionally is totally different to causing persistent or frequent & disturbing noise).

Some Q's (if you wish to answer)....

How far from garage are homes or other people ?

How much noise, what type of noise & how frequent ?

Do you create obstructions or block access ?

Are you contravening any terms of covenants, deeds, rental agreement etc ?

Is your rental agreement formal or informal ?

Any history between the two of you or similar past conflicts involving you, her or others ?

Any more info on layout & type of people nearby &/or involved ?

Landlord involved.... ( If not why not) ?

If you carry on as normal then you are likely to encounter further conflict....If the person concerned is hostile then there are legitimate ways to deal BUT you may have a battle on your hands.

More info probably of use before anyone can give proper constructive advice.

:)

Last edited:
Maybe her life is empty, perhaps bored or just embittered. Thus the little irritants become major ones. The taking of photographs may well represent an opportunity to occupy herself enabling her to escalate the situation to champion what she may see as a cause. The lady may well be mentally disturbed.

Are you asking for advice how to deal with the neighbour, on for suggestions where you can work on your car?
Suggestion as to where else I could work on the car apart from the street.

Maybe her life is empty, perhaps bored or just embittered. Thus the little irritants become major ones. The taking of photographs may well represent an opportunity to occupy herself enabling her to escalate the situation to champion what she may see as a cause. The lady may well be mentally disturbed.
She's a nag and funny thing is, her husband is a pleasant person and doesn't get involved.

FFY100

Hopefully you have some idea as to whether you (or she) are being reasonable. The term "reasonable" can be open subjective interpretation. (Using a machine polisher or power tool occasionally is totally different to causing persistent or frequent & disturbing noise).

Some Q's (if you wish to answer)....

How far from garage are homes or other people ?

How much noise, what type of noise & how frequent ?

Do you create obstructions or block access ?

Are you contravening any terms of covenants, deeds, rental agreement etc ?

Is your rental agreement formal or informal ?

Any history between the two of you or similar past conflicts involving you, her or others ?

Any more info on layout & type of people nearby &/or involved ?

Landlord involved.... ( If not why not) ?

If you carry on as normal then you are likely to encounter further conflict....If the person concerned is hostile then there are legitimate ways to deal BUT you may have a battle on your hands.

More info probably of use before anyone can give proper constructive advice.

:)
I own a flat here and are allowed to park the car. She just seems to feed of my politeness.

I
In what way is this affecting the complainant?

Do you live in the UK?
In no way whatsoever. The car park I am entitled to be in has approx 70 spaces and only ever 20 cars max are parked there. So it's as if i am taking anyone space. I don't make noise, in fact did get in to a fight with a thief attempting to break in to a car.
I do live in the uk.

You have 2 options, either ignore her and pretend she's not there, or initiate some form of escalation.

That could be telling her to sod off and mind her own business, it could be to have a chat with the local police to see what your options are regarding her "harrassing" behaviour. It's a case of working out what approach will get the reaction you want, and none of us are better placed than yourself to figure that out.

Last edited:
Meaning what exactly?
It's his garage. It's up to him not his neighbours what he does in there.

Don't be pushed over by someone who doesn't have the interest as him, its nothing to do with anyone else.

It's his garage. It's up to him not his neighbours what he does in there.

Don't be pushed over by someone who doesn't have the interest as him, its nothing to do with anyone else.
That’s hardly the definition of ‘growing a pair’ is it?
I’d say that’s being firm, fair and diplomatic.

“Grow a pair” Jesus man, are we cavemen? 🙄🙄

As above, threaten her with the police as she is harassing you. If she whips out her camera, do the same to her.

I own a flat here and are allowed to park the car. She just seems to feed of my politeness.
Noted.....Sorry to learn of this situation. Now unclear if issues of conflict are garage use, parking &/or other matters.

IF you genuinely wish for proper help as requested then please consider individually answering ALL my, (prior typed), sensible questions as fully as possible...Mixed replies, (in response to scant info), possibly unlikely to fully help.

If you later choose to seek decent professional advice from elsewhere you should likely be asked the same questions I have asked & maybe more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom