Love working on the car. Please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you find out something on this nasty person thats complaining .. as she or he got a cat or a dog,, so you could follow them on their walks and pickture fouling the footpath . Or anything she or he is doing wrong . Or just pull down the garage door and work inside, that way so no one can see you, or know your in there . You need to have permission to work in your garageif you dont own it .And if you do own the garage ,,then tell them you will start up a car washing lot if they dont shut up .Any how i cant see how the people near you can do anything . Thats why tou have a garage to do work on your car .And its against the law to do any work on the car on a public right of way [road] ..

have you got any pictures of the area you are working on the car at and the surrounding area without giving away locations etc? to give us an idea of your situation?

Offer to take her out for a cup of tea and slice of cake, suggesting you can hear each other's side of the issue and may be get to know each other a bit. Say it would be lovely to sit down civilly and see if you can all come to a better understanding as friends and neighbours. "Hi, great to see you! How about I treat you and we go out to local coffee shop to get to know each other better and see if we can come to an understanding about what's going on here? It would be my treat. I'd love to hear about what's upsetting you, and it would be so much nicer rather than trying to have this discussion stood in the middle of a car park with my dirty hand full of spanners".
Worth a shot? You don't actually have to go if she says yes (unlikely).

I find 'aggro' people when faced with a warm, pleasant response like this offering reconciliation and understanding just don't know how to respond, and except for a few parting rants and outbursts to make sure they get the last word, tend to go away never to be seen again. It's quite amazing and effective at diffusing.
(not to be confused with some psycho who is just looking to get into a physical altercation, who might see that as an invite to do just that).

There is 'working on a car' and there is 'working on a car' . To some working on a car would be changing the oil and air filter on the drive , to others it would be having the car on stands, wheels off ,subframe dropped, engine out and a bit of bodywork while we are at it .

It sits there for months and the neighbours get pi$$y. We have all either seen it or in fact done it.

IFFY what do you mean by 'working' on your car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom