Lovely 190, surely must go quickly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agree, very nice indeed. I hovered for a sec over the buy button.
75 watchers already .... Will it last 24 hours?

I think the first buyer had an abberation of some sort, bidding - if I remember - over 2000 on an early start can't recall the second auction, was that similar, close to 2K?
Maybe it was just a bit too high at that?
Strange that with three failed sales that there's no mention of why.

The lad says he's got all the MoT's since '89. The steering wheel looks mint.

I'd have it if I had the space - but I wouldn't bid without seeing it given that history.

On the face of it 60k seems very low , but the condition looks to bear that out -- perhaps . Possibly several members of one family owned it for most of its life , and the guy apparently has all the old mots. He sold a tidy looking XJ8 in december for just over a grand , but could not see feedback from the buyer. There are a couple of buyers that gave him less than complimentary feedback . It would seem to be a bargain , but would prefer to meet the seller and view the car before committing . If I had space in my garage I would be tempted, loved my old (pre-facelift) 190e.

I spoke to the seller this afternoon. He said the last sale tumbled because the buyer couldn't collect for three weeks.

I spoke to the seller this afternoon. He said the last sale tumbled because the buyer couldn't collect for three weeks.

That does happen a lot. So many muppets on ebay and its getting worse in my opinion.

If there was an image of a clean bolster I'd buy it, in fact, I'll go and see it if I've time tomorrow. I'll post the outcome - if I'm not too late!

Interior like new so probably got good bolster?

TBH I can't see why eveyone is getting their gussets damp over this particular car.

It's a bog standard 2 litre, with a knobbly plastic steering wheel.

It appears to be an un-messed with bog standard 2 litre with standard plastic wheel and in very good condition - hence its appeal ( to all of 4 people). A future classic car.

Cant believe its not sold yet. Bad weather stopping people?

So similar to the one I had 2 years ago, I think mine was on a G plate. Similar mileage, 1 owner from new, almost perfect. Sold for about £800 as I needed the space, as the council were introducing parking permits. Wish I'd kept the car now. I'm never a fan of the colour though. I also had a smoke silver W124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom