Lovely day in the North West - First topless blast in the SL55 - nope

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Sun shining through the bedroom window, Mrs with plans of her own - perfect scenario for some SL55 roadside filth in North Wales but no - bodywork problem.

Not the cars - mine, midnight gout attack and my right big toe is throbing and Im in agony, its all I can do (after downing pain killers) to crawl downstairs and put a bag of peas under my foot and prepare and Ice bucket to freeze my foot in

1st attack in over 4 years and its not the worst but its bad enough - gutted.

Any fellow sufferers please share the sympathy, I had no warning and have not done anything unusual.

Again, I find a thread title has misled me:D

edit:

I have read the thread, forgive me, no offence intended.
simon

Last edited:
I seem so far to have avoided gout, for which given my liking for port and offal all I can say is Deo Gratias and long may it continue.

My sympathy - a friend had it badly and it is nasty.

Sympathy Dave. I had it for the first time last year, a terrible pain.

Not since thank goodness !!!

Apparently the incidence of gout is on the rise these days, but where once it was the disease of kings, it's now more likely to be attributed to a different kind of gluttony: a surefeit of burgers and fizzy drinks. (Not that I'm accusing DS of being a glutton - there are various other factors that can lead to gout.)

Any fellow sufferers please share the sympathy, I had no warning and have not done anything unusual.

I had it once, several years ago. Absolute agony.

I had to walk from the car park to the doctor's..... now that's just adding insult to injury.

Anti - inflammatories, plenty of mineral water and keeping the foot raised helped me - hope you are better soon :thumb:

Agree fizzy drinks, fresh fruit juice and poultry all build up your gout level. Only myself to blame but I haven't over indulged on anything it's so hard to fathom,

Ouch, you have my sympathy, Dave. I suffer as a side effect from other tablets I had to take. I get it in the same place as you, and find that certain shoes, if not worn for a while, can set it off. I had it once in my left ankle, and every time my heart beat, the pain throbbed unbelievably. Once it's there, it's there.

If you haven't already, get some Diclofenac Sodium prescribed.

Having had my ankle up in the air now for five weeks you have my sympathies.....

If you haven't already, get some Diclofenac Sodium prescribed.

You may find that Diclo S is out of favour (cardiac related issues) and that Indometacin is back in favour.

You may find that Diclo S is out of favour (cardiac related issues) and that Indometacin is back in favour.

Heart or stomach hey !!! I think its best to avoid both unless its a REALLY bad attack, this isnt a 10 its a 7 and Nurofen and 3 litres of water a day combined with an ice bowl of water has helped today and its down to a 5 hoping for a 2 / 3 on monday.

For the next week it will be 2l water a day without fail

(a 10 for anyone not had one is the feeling you would gladly cut your foot off, tears, frustration and anger in equal measures - thats a 10)

I give up with Doctors! My own (now retired) Dr. prescribed tablets for high blood pressure, and, when gout set in, stated this was a known side effect. Other Drs. have since recommended I take a different type for blood pressure, slating my original prescription. They have also suggested statins, which have been knocked a bit recently, so who do you listen to? I find the diclo effective, but would rather take nothing.

Hang in there, Dave!

That's not good. I had waited weeks for a sunny day and got the hood down in mine yesterday for a while. Don't fret-Plenty more sunny days on thier way, when life will seem so much better coz the hood is down. PS-Get well soon!

Fast forward a week, still sunny, no gout but a nasty chest infection means no energy, coughing fits and black stuff coming up - total downer.

Next week maybe ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom