Loving the E55 right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, it was, and a very good car it is too.

You'll find threads have a tendency to wander on this forum; it's part of its attraction... What we don't generally have is the mindless tirades of profanity that many other fora do.

Just been up to Hull for the weekend. The E55 took it in its stride. At the price point if there is a better car to cover 190 miles in comfort and good pace then I'd be amazed.

Thread was fine until a few diesel owners came on.

Well.......shows you what some idiot AMG owners are:wallbash:

It was you in the first place that asked the question about "is there a better car to cover the 190 miles" etc. etc. Well in my mind my car would as it would still be behind you on these roads in congested UK and i would have covered the same distance at half the price of fuel:D......so who is the idiot?

OK...so you could say i have thrown out some dangerous Nox emissions which some mention can cause difficult breathing or even death,not proved, but your motor with 326gms/km of CO2 compared with my only 196 is definately contributing to Global Warming especially at the moment .....so go think about that one ......make the most of the 55`s as they are too late for this era and we will all soon have to have no steering wheel just death`s on our roads.

At least at my age i have seen the very best of motoring.

Actually if you read the post the OP didn't ask "is there a better car to cover the 190 miles"? He actually said "At the price point if there is a better car to cover 190 miles in comfort and good pace then I'd be amazed" which was a statement not a question.

The following statements do you no credit at all.........
"Well.......shows you what some idiot AMG owners are:wallbash:"
"i would have covered the same distance at half the price of fuel:D......so who is the idiot?"

If you don't like posts about AMG cars then don't read them. Calling other posters idiots reflects badly on you.

Oh, and co2 isn't the issue, your dirty soot chucking POS is. Especially with its remap with how many DYNO PROVEN bhp? Oh yes that's right, you've never had it on a Dyno have you? So it's all guestimate bollocks.

And if you read my OP properly, which I know is difficult for you, it states price point. I am making the most of these cars, you however in your soot chucker are not and are telling the world that you're as dull as ditch water. On this evidence it seems to be true.

For someone who is allegedly a grown man, you seem hell bent on proving otherwise.

For shear driving enjoyment the AMG wins hands down, my s211, was utterly superb but almost to good, no real soul an never left me buzzing after the drive. If fuel doesn't bother you id pick a Amg anyday, which i did lol

1643a8db1652fb50c4e6189410f2991a9339ca4a1bf22bbf965ff4ccd93f182d.jpg

Seeing as i am retired from my own building business, yes, i own my own home with no mortgage and i own a Mercedes.

This is part of my VIN thingy so i have every right to post in this AMG part of the forum:D:D:D

772 AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
775U BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT PAINT
806 YEAR OF MODIFICATION
875 HEATED SCREEN WASH SYSTEM
882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
926 EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
983 COC PAPER EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY W/O REG. CERT. PART II
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
A24 JOINT FLANGE, 4-ARM 120
A29 J - VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY VGS 1 (550 NM)
J52 ADDITIONAL CODE FOR DAMPING MAT
M30 DISPLACEMENT 3.0 LITER
M642 V6 DIESEL ENGINE OM642
NA4 CONTROL CODE BREMEN PLANT
P85 SPORT EDITION WITH AMG
R64 LA 6-SPOKE DESIGN 17" STERLINGSILVER MIXED TYRES
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)

I don`t suffer fools AT ALL .....and do not have to agree with all you precious AMG owners.....AMG is not just performance but styling also.

Thing is i go to Southern France maybe twice or thrice a year and 2000 mls minimum each time i spend approx. £245 on diesel but if i had one of yours i would have to fork out £650 each time which amounts to quite a bit over the amount of times i go.

I haven`t bought the wrong car at all in fact i bought it to see if i liked MB or not so bought this for two grand under list at the time and liked it so much i still have it.....but i won`t buy another MB as the later models are just money pits a bit like the previous models to mine:rolleyes:

I can spin my rear wheels also but i find cos i have grown up a bit i don`t have to do it especially in a car park without the wife and kids in the motor?

CO2 Factory.jpg

Diesels have there place. Unfortunately this place is not the AMG section of the forum.

Tbh, a "AMG" is simply so much more than just a "Run of the mill model in a frock" i used to think the same Keith till i actually owned one.

And as much as i like a powerful derv, Trust me when i say the 55k v8 is just simply A world apart you couldn't imagine.

Supercars have supercar running costs, The 55k and Other AMG's are no different, anyone who wants to keep a AMG in check should be prepared to fork out or simply forget owning one. Comes with the territory.

The fun in life is not how much money you have in the bank, its what you spend the money on.

This is part of my VIN thingy so i have every right to post in this AMG part of the forum:D:D:D

I don`t suffer fools AT ALL .....and do not have to agree with all you precious AMG owners.....AMG is not just performance but styling also.

Thing is i go to Southern France maybe twice or thrice a year and 2000 mls minimum each time i spend approx. £245 on diesel but if i had one of yours i would have to fork out £650 each time which amounts to quite a bit over the amount of times i go.

I haven`t bought the wrong car at all in fact i bought it to see if i liked MB or not so bought this for two grand under list at the time and liked it so much i still have it.....but i won`t buy another MB as the later models are just money pits a bit like the previous models to mine:rolleyes:

I can spin my rear wheels also but i find cos i have grown up a bit i don`t have to do it especially in a car park without the wife and kids in the motor?

blog3_zpsiw0x59pi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom