Loving the ML!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
Went up to the Lakes from Norfolk again on Friday for the weekend in the ML. Just the two of us on the way up there, but with loads of kit and the two dogs.
The ML played the part of refined cruiser on the journey, mountain goat while we were there and cargo truck for a 300kg central heating boiler collected in Yorkshire on the way back. It took everything in it's stride including the floods and rain of biblical proportions yesterday:eek:
A total trip of 735 miles on a single tank of fuel, taking 90 litres to refill. That's a genuine 37mpg in a luxury 4x4 used in all sorts of conditions:D
It even showed 40mpg at one point prior to getting stuck in Friday traffic. I'm officially impressed!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/67425-blue-ml-320-a.html

Last edited:
That looks very good!!! It is very reasonable compared to the previous 163. I wonder how well the new model next year will do :)

Is that the 320cdi engine without a chip or remap?

My dad currently has one as a stop gap car and only gets 30 - 33.

He can get 30 out of his SL500 so 37 - 40 is a big difference?

Is that the 320cdi engine without a chip or remap?

The engine has been...err.. 'digitally enhanced' with a remap 3 years ago, boosting both power and economy.
I suspect that even next years model will struggle to beat that in real world driving. Certainly the new BMW X3 I took to France a little while ago did no better from a 2 litre diesel which promised 50mpg according to official figures.:dk:

Mactech, your ML looks stunning in blue.

We should have ML/GL meetup someday!

I never got anywhere near 40 mpg in my ML but that didn't stop me being mightily impressed with the vehicle as a brilliant all rounder. Wish I'd never sold it. Reckon I'll be back in one soon...now then, will it be the current model or the new one?:dk:

Most I have ever seen on a long run is 36mpg.

I average 28mpg overall

I recognise that blue ML with that plate, can't place where I saw it though, it was only last week though or maybe the week before, looks very nice in that blue.

Edit: Oh, I am in Wymondham btw, so saw it in Norfolk somewhere.

I have the shop Middletons, across the road from Number 24, the restaurant, pop in and say 'Hi' if you're passing and I'll put the kettle on.

I have the shop Middletons, across the road from Number 24, the restaurant, pop in and say 'Hi' if you're passing and I'll put the kettle on.

Now that is a suprise:eek: ...as I was in there last week and bought 3 shirts!
That's about my supply for the whole year:doh:
My wife's ML was parked right outside the door:)

Maybe that is where I saw it then!! haha

I wonder if I was actually there.
You will have to pop in and introduce yourself, I will make sure you get decent discount. ;)

Well, MrsP took delivery of her new ML350 last weekend, and she too has been mighty impressed! Lovely to drive, really comfy, and practical too. Despite it being brand new, she sent me to Wickes to pick up a stack of fencing timber and it swallowed the lot with ease.
Next year's ML is supposedly a lot more economical, and I'm sure it will be, but the big thing that caught my eye is the emissions category - Band I for the ML350, that's £210, compared to Band L for the current one - £445. Not to be sniffed at. The new engine produces 258hp compared to the current 231hp, not that the existing one is any slouch - simply the've got the emissions down and the power up, with some very impressive figures.
Having said all that, MrsP loves hers, and that's what's important!

MarkP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom