Low air coming into cab but fan working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milky

Car
vito 111 re-mapped 185bhp
Hi everyone.
I'm in south of France and on way down had the air con on most of the trip. First day no prob, but on the second the air coming into the cab felt like it was restricted? This happened after about 2 hours of use. We stopped took the new pollen filter out and tried the system again, worked well? Drove another hour and it went again? This time we turned the fan off and air con off. Drove on another 20 mins, stopped and then tried it...worked.
Has anyone else had this problem? Or could help? Is there anything I can check to see if it's blocked as that's what it seems like.
639 vito 2007 111cdi with remap.
I'm down here for two weeks! Temp is in the high 20's! I neeeeed air! Lol
Thanks for reading and any help given

Hello, i am just new but it did have confusing big problems and solution was very easy! problems: Lack of aircon after start, fan blowing full from start, too warm air inside blowing ectr... Many mecanis did try found electrical and if some parts, or reles ectr.. AIR CON CANT BE BUT OVER 550G that staff in side?! even it says in labels 820 and some 850g ( ven in my hand book with rear aircon)
Ervything has now gone right!!! and i meant ALL THOSE problems are noe gone fan is on some time as it should be , aicon cold as ice , and very good blowing noe gaps sometimes! Service man was really suprice and it been working very well weeks now. I am Finnish man but often look allover internet for anwser when my cars or bikes go wron and i cant,or mecanis cant found what is wrong. These was coming someone how just did have allso same problems but did have manual what was saying do not but over 550g and some bar figures also.. so hope these for some one as it was very good solution for me and coast was cheap!

by the way ithoug the other fan is brogen but noe when 550g has been put right erwything started working no problem! =)

Thanks for the reply
But the problem is not just the air con. It definitely seems like the air coming into the fan is restricted
Cheers

Could it be that the humidity is high enough for the heat exchange to freeze over.?
That way, when it is under heavy use for long enough it stops working, but when you stop using it (or the wind chill factor is removed, by stopping driving) it thaws & starts to work correctly once again.
Or (similar) water in with the R143a coolant that is freezing in the pipework & obstructing the flow.

Yeah I'm definitely putting it down to the heat..
And makes a lot of sense in what your saying.
Just would be nice to be able to understand it better.
Thanks stmarks

Hi. I had same problem in my Viano travelling through France 40 deg C heat last month. As soon as I hit the Med, it wasn't working well. I also stopped to clear the filter... No joy as it was already clear... Cleaned a month before. I then spotted water dripping down the left underside of the van. I've got rear AC too. Had a look underneath and there was ice on the pipes. It then dawned on me that the air box AC matrix (evaporator?) had frozen and clogged up with ice. I turned the AC off and turned the temp to warm and fan on. The restriction unblocked in about 20 seconds. Outside out poured loads of thawed condensate from under the bulkhead and I mean loads! The van was having a good ol pee! Humidity for you! From then on, I'd set the thermostat a bit warmer and it never happened again for the 2 remaining weeks we were in France and Spain along the Mediterranean. Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks for taking the time to text that. I'm sure that's what it was. Frozen! I'll turn it up a bit next time we travel. Now back to sunbathing n pools!

Interesting, yes I have had this happen once in our Vito (loss of airflow). This was a couple of years ago and it hasn't recurred - if it ever does I'll try the a/c off / hot air trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom