Low battery - now command/radio wont power on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

majoreyeswater

Car
E350 cdi
Ignition was left on whilst doing some work, which drained the battery quite a lot - the car did manage to start, but albeit was sluggish and slow to turn over.

Problem now, is that the command/radio unit will not power on, infact no lights are on the unit, except the heated seat and parking buttons.

Im getting code B210A84 - power supply in system is low

How do i reset this module?!

My guess is that either the battery has not yet fully charged, of the deep discharge killed it off and it will never recharge sufficiently.

Try taking the car for a long motorway drive, or use a trickle charge (e.g. CTEK) to charge it overnight. You want the battery to show 12.6v-12.7v with the engine off.

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to replace the battery.

The alternator should produce ~14.5v, but if the battery is damaged and has a short circuit in one or more cells, it will affect the alternator output.

Well, a week after the issue and still nothing.

I did however checkthe battery voltage first thing before i drove it, am getting 12.4v - does that sound okay?

Im clueless, but my thoughts are pointing to a module somewhere that needs resetting?

I did however checkthe battery voltage first thing before i drove it, am getting 12.4v - does that sound okay?

The battery is a little weak (it should ideally be 12.6-12.7v), but this voltage shouldn't in itself stop COMAND from turning on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom