Low cost tyre suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonjamesturne

Car
E270cdi
Due to difficult financial circumstances I can no longer afford the Conti or Dunlop tyres I have always previously used on my 53 plate 270CDI W211 with 17" wheels.
Can anyone suggest the best discount brand to buy?

Take a look at the Falken 912's

My son has them on his car and do pretty well considering the price.

+1 for the Falkens. Also look at Kumho ..

I'm in the same boat as you and about to buy a set of falkens tomorrow, 215 55 R16's for my W210.

I came close to the Wanli S1063 or 1088's but after doin my research on the net have concluded the falkens are a better buy for the extra £100.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it all cost you, inc. fitting, VAT etc.?

Another vote for Falken 452's .

Falken 452's are grippy but noisy.

Kumho KU31's are really good all round.

Currently running uniroyal rainsport 2's and jury is still out on those..

Kumho KU31 on my W220.

Great tyres for the money.

Look at Camskills / mytyres

I have run Falken 452's They have fairly soft sidewalls and wore down quickly but are good in the dry and wet until they get down to about 3mm and then performance falls off a lot.

Hankooks were the last tyre I bought for a 3 litre turbo petrol Saab 9-5 so not a light car. They were quiet, grippy in wet and dry and good value . They also got me around during the heavy snow but front wheel drive and winter mode helped.

Had Wanli fitted briefly, car spun at low speed in the dry on a corner the other tyres took at 40mph the Wanli's let go at 25mph.

The primewell range are great if you like the feeling the car is hunting ditches in the rain. Good enough in the dry, comically good fun in the wet. Brilliant.

Hankooks are great if you can find them at a good price, we sell them at my work , but we are not the cheapest. Do you have a Bitz or Stapletons near you?

I wouldnt recommend Falken -far too noisy.Hankook seem a better option-not sure about price comparison though

Looking around it seems the Kumho tyres are by far the cheapest of the brands recomended. I'll keep looking but I think it'll be hard to beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom