Low gas pressure is treated as emergency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonyw

Banned
It took me weeks to get a boiler up and running again.

The boiler manufacturer said the gas pressure is dittering too low between 16 and 18 millibars. He was using an electronic manometer.

I wrote to E-On the gas supplier, it took them a week to reply today. They said it not their problem but National Grid. Is this electric or gas they are talking about?

I sent an email to National Grid. Within minutes the guy was here. Being a bank holiday it feels like Sunday.

He changed the meter, it still doesn't fix the problem. He changed the regulator, the problem fixed.

He said dont use an electronic manometer, it not reliable. Is this so?

I asked if National Grid, British Gas or Centrica. He said no. How times flies I have to keep up with these gas thing.

Low gas pressure is treated as emergency.

What a shocking experience:doh:

Low gas pressure could cause incomplete combustion which is dangerous.

The national grid for gas is transco.

Yup, low pressure has always been an emergency visit scenario, usually within two hours of official notification, at least it was when I was a BG employee.

Portzy.

what was the original problem that alerted you to this low pressure ?

what was the original problem that alerted you to this low pressure ?

There was contamination at the regulator probably a spider blobbing inside still alive after the last meter change.

How many people actually know the minimum guarantee supply is 19 millibar? I got only 16, the gas hob been blobbing for sometime.

Im no gas engineer, but I would suspect it would be treated as an emergency, because you could get a low pressure reading if there was a small leak somewhere... But I may be wrong...

How many people actually know the minimum guarantee supply is 19 millibar?

I would hope that everyone capable of measuring it would know.

Im no gas engineer, but I would suspect it would be treated as an emergency, because you could get a low pressure reading if there was a small leak somewhere... But I may be wrong...

The governor would "see" the small leak as simply another appliance and it would actually maintain the working pressure at or around 20mb. Only if the leak was really gargantuan would the governor be unable to deliver however, it would still attempt to do so. I have seen live open ended 15mm supplies still give 18mb or so at the meter.

Cheers.
Portzy.

The national grid for gas is transco.

You are out of date according to the national grid gas engineer who visited and told me. It changed hand several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom