Low life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KiranC63

Car
C63
Sad day today house got broken into and they took my c63 amongst other things reg is De61 XLP if any one sees it around its black
Gutted isn't
the word

I am sorry to hear of your break-in, I hope that you and your household get over the shock soon as I know how much this can play on ones mind.

What part of the country was the car stolen from and does it have any distinguishing features that would identify it - assuming the number plates are discarded?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that - I'd be mortified.

Any gap insurance?

Absolute scum. Sorry to hear about that mate. I hope it turns up ok.

No gap insurance
It is magnetite black with 18s and red interior no real distinguishing featurestaken from Wokingham Berkshire

That's such bad luck mate. Did they break in specifically forget the keys for the car or did they take other stuff too?

Did they break in during the day or night?

No house alarm?

Where do you reside?

There's so much of this these days a £50 safe bolted to the floor or wall solves this problem and get into the routine of putting the keys in when the car is not in use We got broken into a good while ago but the cars remained secure

I think the issue is, if they dont find the keys down stairs, are they coming up stairs to take them off you>?????

Most thefts of high end motors are professional, they don't want the aggro of dealing with you,they will watch,wait and have a plan.Its just too lucrative to throw it all away fighting with protective owners,risking being identified,photofitted,leaving any dna behind.
Invest a fraction of the cost of your car in some high level security.

I have maglocks,vibration sensors on all windows,big commercial cctv cams, covert cams,sash jammers,high fences, gravel.Just upgraded to some mega loud sirens that are there for all to see.

While not impregnable in seven years since I moved in both my neighbours have had targeted pro burglaries,one for the car alone and I have been overlooked.

Get a decent safe, even if its only for when you are on holiday,i have an ex bank tann TS4, I keep my dslr,watches,wifes jewellery and a shed load of papers in it.

MCFastybloke said:
Most thefts of high end motors are professional, they don't want the aggro of dealing with you,they will watch,wait and have a plan.Its just too lucrative to throw it all away fighting with protective owners,risking being identified,photofitted,leaving any dna behind. Invest a fraction of the cost of your car in some high level security. I have maglocks,vibration sensors on all windows,big commercial cctv cams, covert cams,sash jammers,high fences, gravel.Just upgraded to some mega loud sirens that are there for all to see. While not impregnable in seven years since I moved in both my neighbours have had targeted pro burglaries,one for the car alone and I have been overlooked. Get a decent safe, even if its only for when you are on holiday,i have an ex bank tann TS4, I keep my dslr,watches,wifes jewellery and a shed load of papers in it.

Or spend a few hundred on a house alarm and have the ground floor zone active every night.

Or spend a few hundred on a house alarm and have the ground floor zone active every night.

Not good if, like me, you live in a bungalow and tend to be up at least three times each night. :(

daveenty said:
Not good if, like me, you live in a bungalow and tend to be up at least three times each night. :(

You're safe your 63 is de badged they will assume its a e220cdi and move along.

Bungalow here too Dave. Only room not alarmed at night is the bedroom and single toilet. Garage certainly is alarmed during the day too even if I'm in the bungalow.

Happened during the day when we were at work spare key was in a £50 safe,though the way they broke it open I don't know why I bothered. I reckon they were after the car got some jewellery and my watch that was in the safe.

KiranC63 said:
Happened during the day when we were at work spare key was in a £50 safe,though the way they broke it open I don't know why I bothered. I reckon they were after the car got some jewellery and my watch that was in the safe.

My spare key resides at my inlaws, if I am out minus my mb the key is always with me.

The _Don said:

You can get past any standard house alarm within 30 seconds better investing in a dog if you don't fancy the safe idea

You're safe your 63 is de badged they will assume its a e220cdi and move along.

Unless they start it and wake up all the bloody street... :D

Bungalow here too Dave. Only room not alarmed at night is the bedroom and single toilet. Garage certainly is alarmed during the day too even if I'm in the bungalow.

The Merc's always in the garage John, which is remotely locked and alarmed. No-one knows it's there really as it's a quiet area so nobody walks past apart from the odd resident, and they haven't a clue what it is anyway. :)

Gutted for you mate, any news/interest from the Police? Hope that the jewellery and watch weren't too valuable...

There's so much of this these days a £50 safe bolted to the floor or wall solves this problem

Dont even bother with cheap safes - they take no time to open and only serves to help the intruder by putting all your valuables in an obvious location.

[YOUTUBE HD]aqC9V7SDKdQ[/YOUTUBE HD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom