Low Mileage W124 E320 Fully Loaded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The price on that keeps going up :crazy:

This is the same guy who sold a S430 coupe IIRC to a guy in Essex who then subsequently punted in on again as it was feature on here.

Has a collection according to the ad.

This is the same guy who sold a S430 coupe IIRC to a guy in Essex who then subsequently punted in on again as it was feature on here.

Don`t know about the guy but is the same car as was listed round 1.5k or best offer
Than it went for 3k and now :doh:

Charles Ironiside went to see this car a few weeks back when he came to know about it, he said it was Junk...poor respray, head gasket leak, climate control doesnt work and a few other things.

Charles Ironiside went to see this car a few weeks back when he came to know about it, he said it was Junk...poor respray, head gasket leak, climate control doesnt work and a few other things.

how do you know?

It's also been sitting for a while and gone three years before a service, which isn't great.

Another facelift model with pre facelift leather installed. IIRC there was an estate listed recently with old skool leather. If the chassis number is run passed the russians I am guessing cloth was the original option.

Another facelift model with pre facelift leather installed. IIRC there was an estate listed recently with old skool leather. If the chassis number is run passed the russians I am guessing cloth was the original option.

That`s tex not leather :thumb: optional on facelift 124s as well

I expect Dieselman & nick mercedes will be along in a minute to tell us it's really a great car.

Charles Ironside also wouldn't take my CE when I came to sell it - probably was junk too... :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice clean well specced car for a very steep price - probably Mr Ironside's biggest issue with it, as well as it being a 'less desireable' saloon which will be harder to shift for silly money. I would have thought CHG and Climate Control repairs are small beer for his outfit.

Trouble is you can get a scruffy one for £500...

Ade

It was a CL420 coupe that needed work from what the onward punter (MrsMogol or something like that) told me.

This is an interesting thread ; The car is mine.

Yes that is true, I sold my CL420 to Terry from Essex. He came, he saw, he was happy, He took it. That deal is not related to this car. I have a collection of around ten cars (not all MB) which I am trying to reduce as they just don't get used.

It's also been sitting for a while and gone three years before a service, which isn't great.

The car has just been for an oil service at my local MB agent to bring the service history back up to spec, more for the stamp than anything else. I've personally done the antifreeze, replaced the battery, and gone through the car. Brakes/bushes etc are all excellent.

Another face lift model with pre face lift leather installed. IIRC there was an estate listed recently with old skool leather. If the chassis number is run passed the Russians I am guessing cloth was the original option.

The car has MB tex, not leather. Its completely standard in spec. I initially thought the car should have had eight hole alloys but after going to MB the 15 holes were fitted from new.

Charles Ironside did come and see the car. He complained that the Air Con wasnt cold, which I have since re gassed and in my mind is cold. (it wasnt that bad before, I think Charles was looking for money off) The climate control works perfectly on all output settings. The head gasket leak was actually a leaking rocket cover gasket from when the rocker cover was removed to clean the engine bay by the previous owner) and the poor respray is pure fiction, the car has been painted because it was in central London all its life and it had pin dents and marks but it is in no way a terrible respray, if anything, I think charles was unhappy because the car had been painted at all.

On a personal note, I wasn't happy with him, he took weeks to come and get it and when he did he just wanted to haggle at anything he could. I got quite annoyed with his abrasive attitude and just rudeness, so I told him that the car wasn't for him and left it there. I am confident he would have marketed it at 8000 - 9000. He even complained the jack was upside down.

Lots of opinions expressed on this thread but in fairness I don't believe a single one of you have actually seen the car and in honesty you are all giving it a bad rap.

Anyone from this forum is welcome to come and see it. I am confident you will like it. In terms of price I priced it at high fours expecting it to sell for low fours.

Thanks

Fear enough on the ^ mate but was it you that put the car on ebay at first?
I only asked as when you put the car on ebay for a certain price or best offer,even though the asking price was offered,you declined it!!
If you`d like to have an idea how much the car`s worth,just ask instead of giving people grief

Hi Pegor, it was nice of you to reply to this post. Please understand that I meant no offence when I posted about your car being junk according to C.I. (I dont see any 124 as junk for that matter). I was just really curious as to why a 124 with 34,000 miles wasnt on his inventory as he usually goes for good condition low mileage cars. I guess everyody has their requirements and criteria's, or opinions.

As for the asking price, as long as all the above is fixed on the car and its an excellent runner, im sure you can get your asking price for it. There are buyers out there (including collectors).

On a side note, which other MB models do you have in your collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom