Low miles Merc W140 600 -v rare combo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its nice, but would want leather. V12 engine :D

They are wanting just a daft amount for it though. Would pay £3k for it.

I think that's really quite nice, apart from the colour, the engine and the velor seats..
I hope the previous owners did at £9 per mile depreciation.:crazy:

It must be the most expensive car sold new in UK without leather seats.Probably bought by the MD of PETA:D

agree - cloth/velour beats leather by a country mile.....so many folk who took their cars to AMG back in the 80's and 90's for mods, had the leathers removed and replaced with velour. Indeed Ayrton Senna spec'd suede/velour in his SEC when he bought it in the 80s !

This V12 is great - super colour, mint condition and the superb M120 engine....cream smooth delivery of 400+ horses !

talbir

agree - cloth/velour beats leather by a country mile.....so many folk who took their cars to AMG back in the 80's and 90's for mods, had the leathers removed and replaced with velour. Indeed Ayrton Senna spec'd suede/velour in his SEC when he bought it in the 80s !

This V12 is great - super colour, mint condition and the superb M120 engine....cream smooth delivery of 400+ horses !

talbir

Any photos of your W126's?

That car has been knocking about in the magazines for the past few months by a dealer.

You'd have to be a right dim-wit to pay that price for it. Its not in the most desirable S-Class colour and its an early W140 which aren't the most desirable of the W140s. I'd say half that price would be pushing it but on a very good day may be possible.

I actually prefer cloth as leather is sticky and hot in the summer and cold and hard in the winter.

Possible money for a nice Coupe but not for a long wheelbase saloon? Pullman type saloons also require a metallic colour with "gravitas" and crystal green ain't one of them sorry. Did I mention "wiring loom problems" cos there's not much airflow under that bonnet! Nice car but just doesn't tick all the boxes to justify the price IMHO

*rolling around the floor laughing*

Yep, seen that floating around for a while.

Like the fellow trying to sell a bright red (!) "CL500" (no, it is an S500 which had a number of differences) with pittance of a history, the usual 140 issues (window delamination, wheel rust) for.....

£10,000!

That dealer (with the green S600) also has a wedding white W126 560SEL with 68k on the clock for £10950 :eek:

Quite what planet are these people living on? Well I suppose you can't blame the dealer, its the stupid buyers that you can have a laugh at who buy these hugely inflated priced cars - when a quick search on AutoTrader or Ebay will show you something similar for perhaps less than 50% of the price.

Last edited:
Minority of one here - but i think it's a fab colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom