Low P/x price today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Got myself interested in a new M5 over the last week or so. There are some deals to be had :thumb:

However I got bad news on my p/x price

2013 stad C63 bought for £44K in October - they offered £34K !! Needless to say I put the phone down :p

Does anyone have a glasses guide for a may 2013 C63 trade in with 9K miles on it

Last edited:
Part ex price according to parkers on line with 10,000 miles is £36k so not a million miles away

Assuming its this

Mercedes C Class (2011-) C63 4Dr Saloon 6.2 V8 457 EU5 AMG Comand MCT Auto7 (2013/62)

£38.5k

This convinces me to keep C63 for 2 years only and then return it to the Mercedes. There's no way I will get more money for it than GFV of 34K after 2 years, if 1 year old is "worth" 34K.

Assuming its this

Mercedes C Class (2011-) C63 4Dr Saloon 6.2 V8 457 EU5 AMG Comand MCT Auto7 (2013/62)

£38.5k

No mate its even worse than that - mines a 2013/13 not 62. Its only 8 month old !

Update - they've been back on the phone and the salesman said their buyer had 'made a mistake' as he had got the year wrong (what despite him having my registration? I asked :rolleyes: ) Hes now offered 38K + 1K off the price of their car. Thats a bit better :cool:

Are you looking at getting a brand new m5? Or a used one? I am guessing used if they are being so tight on the discount on it :)

You can get almost £10K off list of a new one.

J.

Last edited:
Are you looking at getting a brand new m5? Or a used one? I am guessing used if they are being so tight on the discount on it :)

You can get almost £10K off list of a new one.

J.

Comparing both actually mate.

Ive been looking at a 62 reg with half decent spec and 8K miles on. This is where they gave me the poor p/x price initially

Then a brand new facelifted one and the discount is even better than you think (I got £12K BMW contribution + £2K dealer contribution before Xmas and they are trying to match that again). This comes at 0% finance also :thumb:

ScottBacon said:
Comparing both actually mate. Ive been looking at a 62 reg with half decent spec and 8K miles on. This is where they gave me the poor p/x price initially Then a brand new facelifted one and the discount is even better than you think (I got £12K BMW contribution + £2K dealer contribution before Xmas and they are trying to match that again). This comes at 0% finance also :thumb:

A member here purchased a new m5 i think he negotiated £18k off list.

A member here purchased a new m5 i think he negotiated £18k off list.

Wow that is impressive, I thought I had pushed them as far as they could go. Can you remember who - pls PM if preferred

Scott, you got the itch to swap already! Lol

When I swapped my m3, it was m5 or c63 - went for c63 as I didn't think the m5 sounded good and was a touch too big for me - but it was mental quick compared to my m3.

ScottBacon said:
Wow that is impressive, I thought I had pushed them as far as they could go. Can you remember who - pls PM if preferred

Pm sent

Have you driven the m5 i have and whilst it was quick the lack of any noise/drama made the experience very bland compared to my c63 bs.

Last edited:
Don't know much about C63s but there doesn't seem to be much love for them amongst those who have one. Don't think I've ever seen anyone say they plan on keeping one forever, or even past the lease expiration. :dk:

It's not lack of love, it's just future maintenance costs and dramatic drop in value. And in my case: life is too short to keep car longer than 2 years.

Don't know much about C63s but there doesn't seem to be much love for them amongst those who have one. Don't think I've ever seen anyone say they plan on keeping one forever, or even past the lease expiration. :dk:

Its not that I dont love it - I just get the itch to change sooner than some. I only had my last 3 cars circa 6-8 months each and the M5 deals are very good atm.

I think the C63 is superb in many many ways i.e. comfort, 4 doors, straight line pace, torque is immense, noise is infectious + its so easy to modify the engine. The downsides are fuel costs and the gearbox which compared to the M3 DCT is a bit uninvolving. I may well not even change yet because I genuinely think I will miss all the positives that the C63 does have :thumb:

Pm sent

Have you driven the m5 i have and whilst it was quick the lack of any noise/drama made the experience very bland compared to my c63 bs.

+1. I couldnt agree more. I had actually forgotten just how understated the M5 sounded when I took it for an extended test drive last Oct. Even more reason why the deal has to be 'out of this world' for me to change.

Got myself interested in a new M5 over the last week or so. There are some
However I got bad news on my p/x price

2013 stad C63 bought for £44K in October - they offered £34K !! Needless to say I put the phone down

Ouch :-(

Jeez I paid more in March 2013 for mine so I guess I have taken an even bigger hit.

You didn't follow the golden rule;
Always lease a c63.

Its not that I dont love it - I just get the itch to change sooner than some. I only had my last 3 cars circa 6-8 months each and the M5 deals are very good atm.

I think the C63 is superb in many many ways i.e. comfort, 4 doors, straight line pace, torque is immense, noise is infectious + its so easy to modify the engine. The downsides are fuel costs and the gearbox which compared to the M3 DCT is a bit uninvolving. I may well not even change yet because I genuinely think I will miss all the positives that the C63 does have :thumb:

I think the fuel costs are a 'drop in the ocean' compared to the hit you will take in depreciation!

I seem to recall you had this itch about 6 months ago on M3 Cutters?....

If you think you could keep the M5 for 2 years it would be cheaper to lease it. There was an article (perhaps in Evo?) that compared total costs of used M5 vs leasing a new 1?

I think the fuel costs are a 'drop in the ocean' compared to the hit you will take in depreciation!

I seem to recall you had this itch about 6 months ago on M3 Cutters?....

If you think you could keep the M5 for 2 years it would be cheaper to lease it. There was an article (perhaps in Evo?) that compared total costs of used M5 vs leasing a new 1?

I did you're right. I still visit the cutters website frequently. I bought my M3 in Feb 2013 and changed it when I got 'itchy' in October, that's when I bought the C63. For me though a lease is out of the question......... I don't keep cars long enough. I once got a lease in 2005 for a X5 for 2 years and regretted it after about 2 months. Had to keep it until the end of the lease or loose a packet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom