Low speeding tolerance could increase crashes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can relate to that, is it just me or does everyone stare in the mirror to see if a speed camera flashes when you pass it?

The greatest thing ive had on any vehicle Ive ever drove is the limiter on both Mercs Ive had. Set it to 30/40/50 and stop worrying about speeding and concentrate on the road.

Driving the Mrs Eos is a nightmare now as far as worrying about my speed (actually driving her car is a nightmare full stop as its an awful car to drive)...i feel like my eyes are always on the speedo in 30/40/50 zones.

^ Yes! Makes you wonder if the Authorities were as genuine as they sound that this should have been a requirement for years. Maybe google cars are the answer they are looking towards now...

The greatest thing ive had on any vehicle Ive ever drove is the limiter on both Mercs Ive had. Set it to 30/40/50 and stop worrying about speeding and concentrate on the road.

I agree with this. The nearest motorway to me has had a 50 mph average speed limit imposed for the last 18 months and I always use the limiter on that, set to 52 mph. Use of this or the adaptive cruise control (Distronic) is by far the easiest way to regulate your speed without worry.

I would question the motives of the Aussie police in that article as it seems to me the lowering of the speed limit tolerance just at particularly busy times is simply a revenue generator. Nothing more, nothing less!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom