Low temperature warning on ML W164

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nictry

Car
ML63
Noticed something yesterday which surprised me and wondered if this was normal or if there might be a fault with my ML?

The temperature has dropped as we know and was around 1-2 degrees but no warning indicator or frost/ice symbol came up on the dash, I only knew as it was damn cold so I flicked the OSD to show the temp.

Is this a missing feature or a problem as I am pretty sure every car I have owned for the past few years has had this feature in one format or another?

Any thoughts on this?

My E-Class doesn't have such a warning either. In fact of all the cars I've ever owned I can only recall all the Fords having it.

Oh that's interesting to know so must be a MB 'feature' then as I know my Audi, Jag my wife's VW and BMW have all had the warning on them!

You've got me wondering now, I'll take the Audi next time it's that cold and see if I've just missed it in there.

Our Saabs had the low temperature warning messages. I hope our MB's don't have that feature as the message needed to be acknowledged several times during the course of a journey as the temperature fluctuated.

There's no direct warning (and yes my BMW did ping).

On most mercedes you can set it so the outside temperature gauge is always displayed. But UK mercedes can not, as Mercedes interpretation of the "how to display KM/H" legislation has mean that we get the speed in KM/H displayed all the time where the temp. could have been displayed

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom