Low Temperature Warning on W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barneybeardsall

Car
C220CDi Exec SE Saloon.
Hi All,
On the W211 when the outside temperature gets down to 3degrees or below... does the electronics warn you to this drop in temp....or does it just ignore the freezing conditions.....

Regards
Paul

barneybeardsall said:
Hi All,
On the W211 when the outside temperature gets down to 3degrees or below... does the electronics warn you to this drop in temp....or does it just ignore the freezing conditions.....

Regards
Paul

I don't remember it doing it on mine? :confused:

barneybeardsall said:
Hi All,

Regards
Paul

Not that i know about , my 211 never did it. However , my 530d does. :D

:confused: So mercedes with all their safety first ideas and they leave a safety feature out....I always thought that to warn the driver that the road conditions where at or are at freezing was a good idea...

Golf does this.

Yup, have to agree. I've got the temp displayed right in front of me. It was 0.0 this morning!

The frost/ice warning triggers well above 0 on my Sharan ... 3.5 maybe? It was up to 5 or 6 degrees outside this afternoon but my R129 still had ice on it all day long!

Just looked in the manual and cannot see any reference...

Lucky we live on the English Riviera. Frost?????? I have heard of frosted windows :)

Take care,
John

Why do you need additional warning about possible ice :confused: If when getting into your car or driving you can't manage to work out it's a bit chilly chances are your either drunk or blind so shouldn't be driving anyway ;)

marcos said:
Why do you need additional warning about possible ice :confused: If when getting into your car or driving you can't manage to work out it's a bit chilly chances are your either drunk or blind so shouldn't be driving anyway ;)

Not quite , is is handy to know the outside temp

marcos said:

But with the W211... and you are driving down a road and the in-speedo dash display is on MPG/Radio/Tel/Nav etc.... you wouldn't get to know that the temp outside has dropped to around freezing.... untill you hit some ice...!!!then its too late......... the W211 dash only displays the temp if you are on the temp screen....it wouldn't be too bad if the dash display changed to the temp to notify you off the temp drop.... :crazy:

it all comes down to the totally and stuidly mandatory display of Kmph on the screen...

why ? its got absolutely no benifit to me , my car will prob never see mainland europe :crazy:

fuzzer said:
it all comes down to the totally and stuidly mandatory display of Kmph on the screen...

why ? its got absolutely no benifit to me , my car will prob never see mainland europe :crazy:

Ah but our illustrious government might one day convince us that Europe rocks!!!! :(

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom