Low volume on iPod, UMI installed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee36

Car
W204 C220 CDI Sport
Hi,

I have just bought a W204 C220 CDi Sport and it has the UMI fitted in the glovebox. After reading about the problem on the internet I ordered an in-line amp from Comand Online which I received today. Excuse the ignorance but after looking at the UMI box, there is no way to connect the amp into it. Do I have to take out the glovebox to connect the amp, and if so, how easy is it to do?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Geoff.

The amp isnt for the UMI it is for the older Ipod interface. If you go to the W204 page on Comand Online they dont list the in line amp for that model.

Last edited:
Hi NP,

Thanks for the heads-up, so I've just wasted my money :mad:. Oh well, my own fault for mis-reading the info.

Wonder if Comand Online will offer me a refund? :confused:

Geoff.

Does anybody know of a way to increase the iPod volume when using the UMI?

Thanks,

Geoff.

After checking on the internet, it seems I have the Navigation 20 fitted, does anyone know how how to increase the iPod volume.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Take a look on your iPod for a setting which equalises the volume across all tracks. In practice this tends to reduce the volume to match the quietest. Turn that setting off.

Also take a look for the ear protection setting which backs off from the maximum. Again, turn that setting off.

Give it a go before you buy anything else.

Hi Geoff,
Sorry I missed your original post - I've been offline for a bit and am just catching up with the forum. Did you sort out the way to fix your iPod volume?

Here's what worked for me:-
With the iPod (or any external device) running through the UMI, press down and hold the 'C' button, control wheel and 'back arrow' button on the centre console. You have to press all 3 simultaneously and hold them for 3 or 4 seconds.

A new menu appears and if you select 'System' with the control wheel, you get a set of options to adjust the volume for iPod, USB, Streaming and Aux. Just tweak it to suit and it's sorted.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Geoff,
Sorry I missed your original post - I've been offline for a bit and am just catching up with the forum. Did you sort out the way to fix your iPod volume?

With the iPod (or any external device) running through the UMI, press down and hold the 'C' button, control wheel and 'back arrow' button on the centre console. You have to press all 3 simultaneously and hold them for 3 or 4 seconds.

A new menu appears and if you select 'System' with the control wheel, you get a set of options to adjust the volume for iPod, USB, Streaming and Aux. Just tweak it to suit and it's sorted.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I have also been offline a bit and have just seen your comments.
I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I have also been offline a bit and have just seen your comments.
I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Hi Jim,

You're a start, it worked perfectly, I changed the AUX and iPod inputs.

Thanks a lot,
Geoff.

does this only apply to vehicles with the command system? My Audio 20 doesn't have the buttons listed above :dk:

is there another sequence for the basic Audio 20 using the aux port?

does this only apply to vehicles with the command system? My Audio 20 doesn't have the buttons listed above :dk:

is there another sequence for the basic Audio 20 using the aux port?
I don't know if this will work on an Audio 20 without the UMI unit, but you should have the buttons listed if your car is a W204 C-Class. They are on the centre console (i.e. between the front seats, not on the Audio 20 unit itself).

Hope that helps.

Jim

I don't know if this will work on an Audio 20 without the UMI unit, but you should have the buttons listed if your car is a W204 C-Class. They are on the centre console (i.e. between the front seats, not on the Audio 20 unit itself).

Hope that helps.

Jim

thanks Jim - I think thats the issue - I have a W203 CDi 2005 with Audio 20, I dont think I have the UMI, and definitely no buttons on the centre console between the seats (other than the C/S mode for the auto box)

thanks Jim - I think thats the issue - I have a W203 CDi 2005 with Audio 20, I dont think I have the UMI, and definitely no buttons on the centre console between the seats (other than the C/S mode for the auto box)
No problem. I'm sure there are other folks on the forum who may be able to help you.

Cheers,

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom