Lower depreciation in USA? In spite of recession

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Isn't interesting that when it comes to new cars we all think that the USA always seems cheaper; and yet its interesting to see that the do seem to hold their value better than here in the UK despite the financial crisis that appears to be there.

A search of E55 AMGs shows (only) 25 for sale at, in the main, strong money i.e. 2004 and 2005 cars at nearly $30,000. Which equates to £25,000 with duty, VAT and shipping. In the UK these cars are under £20k (and RHD !) Classic cars recently see to be much more expensive as well.

I've commented on this before. It seems odd that used car prices in the US are fairly high when new cars can be leased for (compared to UK) pretty low rates.

As far as I can gather, the UK has about the lowest used car prices in the world.

the older end of the market ,what we would consider bangers or on the verge scrap,seem to command far greater prices. My girlfriend is from pennsylvania so i visit there often. you see 15 year old jeep cherokees which would be worth a couple of hundred pounds here with $4000 windscreen prices,,doesn't make sense to me.

American cars start off as DIRT CHEAP and become less than DIRT CHEAP and then CHEAP as they get popular. They finally reach NOT CHEAP and gradually go into EXPENSIVE.

American cars start off as DIRT CHEAP and become less than DIRT CHEAP and then CHEAP as they get popular. They finally reach NOT CHEAP and gradually go into EXPENSIVE.

this is what i was thinking but couldnt find a way to put it into words:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom