Lower oil sump pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erfan

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E220 CDI Avantgarde '08
Hi,

Found this site useful and after some advice/help please.

Just bought a 300td (1999) and the jack slipped causing a crack in the lower oil pan:(

Where could I get a replacement and does the suspension/engine mount need to be moved to replace as I am getting conflicting info. when searching online.

It has caused some of the sump to go in and I am hesitant to hammer it level for fear of further damage. Will do an epoxy putty repair for now.

Any pointers greatly appreciated:thumb:

First port of call for a replacement would be breakers yards for a used one. Other than that probably a stealer only item. If none of the MB breakers can help (none available/only on complete engines etc) then find a local welder to repair yours. If you go the weld repair route you'll find the weldor is much nicer to deal with if you clean it first- people turning up with a manky POS that's dripping oil on my floor get unmerciless piss taking and if that doesn't scare them off have a lazy git tax added to their bill :D

Dunno what needs moving/taking off before the sump can be removed on a 210

Thanks I have put a few feelers out - will see what responses I get back as a lot of firms are closed.

Sump is drained and I will put putty on Friday if nothing else comes up. Hopefully this will buy me a bit of time.

Was also having trouble finding correct part number for the lower oil pan.

You will need to jack the engine up or drop the subframe to remove the sump.

Thankyou for the advice:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom