Lowering a w202 C230k on 18"s

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Sambo, May 14, 2016.

1. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Car:
    2 x MB
    Recently acquired this w202 from a fellow forum member and love it.

It's had a thorough health check and seems to be in good shape, the plan is to give it some love and sort some body blemishes out, then get it looking a bit for to my taste.

This is how it currently looks:
    [​IMG]

I want it to look more like this:
    [​IMG]

Aside from kit or facelift etc etc, the main thing to do its get it lower. I do not drive the car often so not worried about a touch of scrubbing or rough ride.

I believe it has standard springs and lorinser(?) shocks which bring it down a bit but all need a freshen up anyway so any advice? Any recommendations for kits? Anyone got anything kicking around in their garages that may help? I don't want to cut the springs but likewise don't want to buy a kit that makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.

2. John Jones Jr

John Jones Jr MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
    I won't fit 18''. I wouldn't even fit them if they were free.

3. a111r

a111r MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S123 240TD, S210 320cdi, S202 250TD.
    The easy things to do first is to check which spring pads are currently fitted.
    There are five for the front and, I think, four for the rear.
    You count the 'pips'.