Lowering CLK 208 Questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shrink_777

Car
C250d AMG line
Does anyone know the best springs to drop a CLK 208 on? and where to get them fitted live in north and west london is good? and what is this "pads" you have to worry about when lowering?

imho any quality set of springs such as H&R or Eibach will do the job, you may also want to consider the condition of the dampers on your car. if it has a lot of miles you may want to change them aswell and buy a set with the lowering springs

the pads or shims are made of a hard rubber and are fitted to the top of the spring. MB fit different ones dependant on weight/trim spec ect

the shims are available in four (iirc) different thickness, i've changed the ones on my car to 'trim' how the car sits after lowering. i like the nose down slightly so fitted smaller shims to the front

be advised if you want to change the pads/shims to alter the ride height further it can only be done by removing the spring

finally it would be best to have a proper 4-wheel alignment carried out after lowering, but give the car a chance to settle.
hth
cris

p.s. shameless plug for a friends shop eurotyres in wembley 0208 902 1230
does plenty of MB and other prestige cars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom