Lowering w202 C230k

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Wanted' started by Sambo, May 23, 2016.

1. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Car:
    2 x MB
    Shocks and springs
    Just springs
    Coilovers

Anything considered to sort the attitude & altitude out.

Please dm with whatcha got, where you are and how much.

:thumb:

2. OP
    OP
    Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Car:
    2 x MB
    Don't like bumping but anyone got anything?

Been looking at these but seem too cheap to be any good, would prefer some better quality hand me downs really.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141762783116

3. OP
    OP
    Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Car:
    2 x MB
    Last try...

4. andy27168

andy27168 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
    Hi,
    A friend of mine had a set of these on a late 90's BMW 5 Series, raved about them when he bought them at how cheap they were but they failed pretty quickly, replaced and failed again what failed I am not sure but it ended up with him swapping back to the original BMW items.
    A cheap way to lower a 202 is to replace the rubber shims (fitted on top of the springs) these are manufactured in varying thicknesses according to what model/spec the car is if you have the thicker ones then by replacing with the thinner ones you can lower it quite a lot up to 18mm , depending on what was fitted from the factory.
    Also if you are running 18" AMG 210 E55 Wheels then be careful how much you lower the front as you "could" start fouling the front arches especially if you running 210 size tyres.

5. John Jones Jr

John Jones Jr MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
    I'm no experience of those and honestly I never will have either. Simply, they are cheap for a reason. If you are buying new stick with leading brands like H&R or Bilstein kits etc would be my advice. One more thing, I wouldn't fit coilovers on the front of a standard W202, again just my opinion.

6. OP
    OP
    Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Car:
    2 x MB
    Appreciate your help gents.

Im gonna swerve those Chinese nasty ones but out of interest, how come you wouldn't fit coilovers on the front?

It has bilstein shocks and I believe standard springs with pads removed. It's not high but I'm not happy with how it sits and think will benefit from a slight drop.

[​IMG]

7. John Jones Jr

John Jones Jr MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
    The car looks great.

The reason for me is simple. The inner wing top mount was never designed to support both shock and spring.