Lsd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Damien O

Car
C220
Hi,

2002 C220 CDi coupe. Is there a limited slip diff available from another model or an aftermarket one available that is a direct fit?

I've searched high and low but failed to find anything.

I deal with Quaife. Give me your chassis number via email [email protected] and I will check monday for you.

It's their ATB diff. I have one and it's brilliant.

Not sure why you would need an LSD 1) for the road and 2) for a relatively low powered car?

Not sure why you would need an LSD 1) for the road and 2) for a relatively low powered car?

Can you call a car that has more than half the torque of a C63 AMG relatively low powered? Especially torque that is abundant from very low revs?

Russ

moff said:

295ft/lb torque at low rpm, pulling out if junctions the inside wheel will spin

Low powered? Even in standard form they have more a better spread of bhp & torque than quite a few petrol cars running lsd's or welded diffs..

Also, why assume mine is standard?

A limited slip diff makes for a far predictable control of the rear end compared with an open diff.

Why do some people alway insist on questioning something different anyway?

Thanks to all the helpful replies btw :thumb:

tell the truth you want one so that you can do donuts :D:D:D

Really missed having one in my C230K, loved it when I had the coupe:D

Hope it isnt too expensive

Rather laughably Mercedes didn't even see fit to have LSD's on their AMG's! My C32 AMG with fresh Conti tyres struggles to keep the power down which is why I'll be fitting a Quaife to it as soon as possible.

Good luck with yours and I'll look forward to seeing your results.

The sporty version of Vauxhall Omega (MV6) came with LSD as standard in the nineties... and it was a 200bhp car on 1.7t, so fasteesh but not exactly a pocket rocket as such.

Low powered? Even in standard form they have more a better spread of bhp & torque than quite a few petrol cars running lsd's or welded diffs..

Also, why assume mine is standard?

A limited slip diff makes for a far predictable control of the rear end compared with an open diff.

Why do some people alway insist on questioning something different anyway?

Thanks to all the helpful replies btw :thumb:

I fully agree with you especially with the highlighted part;)
Especially if you had experienced in the past a car with LSD...soo sad now it's almost impossible (and costly) to find such kind of equipment/optional, quite normal in the past...This is thanks to technology, ESP etc

furthermore even with 100HP and 14Kgm of torque you can easily remain stuck in some circumstances, and AUTO gearbox does not help at all:rolleyes:

I was sceptical about the use of an LSD on a C220 but my wife's MR2 has one and that has less torque and probably less power. Okay it's much lighter too. You can feel it work especially pulling out at wet junctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom