Lucky escape.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
Last night i was in inside lane on the A217 driving at 40, i indicated and moved into outside lane. I noticed a bike behind me a little way back but thought nothing of it and accelerated.....Que blue lights and being pulled over.....The officer asked how fast i was going in a 40mph limit.....I said 50mph?? He said you have one more chance to be truthful or you go to court.....I said 60mph and he said 65mph.....:doh: He asked how many points i had, i replied none and he said if i want it to stay that way to slow down and then told me to piss off!!! :D

...i replied none and he said if i want it to stay that way to slow down and then told me to piss off!!! :D
You obviously passed the "attitude" test ;)

Sounds to me like he had no "evidence" - over 20mph over the limit normally means a court appearance doesnt it?

Last night i was in inside lane on the A217 driving at 40, i indicated and moved into outside lane. I noticed a bike behind me a little way back but thought nothing of it and accelerated.....Que blue lights and being pulled over.....The officer asked how fast i was going in a 40mph limit.....I said 50mph?? He said you have one more chance to be truthful or you go to court.....I said 60mph and he said 65mph.....:doh: He asked how many points i had, i replied none and he said if i want it to stay that way to slow down and then told me to piss off!!! :D
Should have told him you we're too drunk to notice:D,seriously,the 217 is notorious for speed traps in case you didn't know;)

Sounds to me like he had no "evidence" - over 20mph over the limit normally means a court appearance doesnt it?

Yes, he said i would be in court unless i was honest about my speed on the second attempted guess!!

Name that movie!

Cop: You know why I pulled you over?

Answer: Depends on how long you were following me!

Cop: Why don't we just take it from the top?

Answer: Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!

Cop: Is that all?

Answer: No... I have unpaid parking tickets.
[groans] ...be gentle.

HD

The Policeman deserves a medal !
We need more like him as what you deserved was the "proverbial bollocking", not points on your licence. He was your friend,not what he could have been. Let`s hope you learn from it.
Happy Motoring
Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom