lumpy starting after long run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vennwood

Car
2010 C200CDI Estate
Hi All,

I have a 2010 C200 CDI with 75,000 miles. It runs as sweet as a bird 99% of the time however if I do a 150+ mile trip then the following morning it is difficult to start, runs rough for about 1 minute and then clears and ok from then on until the next 150+ mile run.

I've had it into the dealer 3 times - twice they couldn't find anything. On the third visit I took it straight to the dealer after a 300+ mile run and left it over night. They said they had found the problem - dirty fuel in the injector pump. I paid up (though not convinced) and took it home. Next 150+ mile trip happened 2 weeks later and it was just the same - lumpy the following morning.

It is very economical - 64 mpg on a long run and was wondering if this could be the problem causing a build up or something on the injectors or glow plugs - I'm not convinced it is dirty fuel that is settling overnight as surely it would settle over every night and give me the same problem every morning. Around town it starts first time every time even after standing over night. No smoke, not burning oil, full dealer service history.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks Tinkerer,

I skipped to the end as the original post was back in 2009 but this seems to be the same thing (or leading up to the same thing) I have just run out of warranty but first reported the issue when under warranty - should this be covered?

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom