Lunacy .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Who is going to pay twenty five grand for THIS

:crazy:

hmmmm, personally, I wouldn't touch it with a 1mile broomstick!

the difference between optimism and realism.....

I Wouldnt Touch It Mite Fall Apart?

If I buy it it'll be for the foot pump!!

Though I can see the classic collectors car element to it.

Maybe he put an extra 5 on by mistake?

Crazy...

I would have this and the money in the bank to service it... :)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/378691.htm

oooh well found sir.... something to rev outside Ken Livingstone's house when he's trying to get some sleep, dreaming of even more ridiculous taxes

Hmm the vehicle looks spotless yet the jack handle and breaker bar are covered in rust;)

It wont be long before more and more 4x4's reach a classic status. In 15 years time we might be buying Classic car & sports car & 4x4!

I would say its worth may be £5,000 to £10,000 to a collector but 25 big ones is crazy.

It's certainly a nice one, very hard to find in that condition, but I do agree that £25K sounds like a lot of cash.

My father has a '72 'K' plate one still, in red, owned for around 20 years now IIRC. Sitting in the back of one of the garages for the last 10 years or so.

A lot of the details and pictures in that advert bring back memories of these early 2 doors - the lack of power steering, only has a four speed manual box, the manual choke, mechanical fuel pump, the 'wing' mirrors (mounted on the bonnet), the raised lettering on the bonnet.

I remember the original seats (which this car doesn't have). Hard plastic/vinyl in beige, used to scorch your legs on a hot summer's day! :eek:

The design spec for the Range Rover was that the interior could be 'hosed out' for farmers who needed a nicer 4x4 vehicle than the very agricultural Land Rover, for trips out etc. In fact, the original name for the Range Rover was a VELAR (Vee-eight Land Rover)

I have loads of memories of these cars, and despite their faults love them dearly, but I'm not sure if I'd pay that cash for one, certainly with some of the quirks/lack of originality that has.

Anyone remember the CSK models? Made in the 90s as 2 doors after production of the 2 door had been stopped for a number of years, they had a fully loaded spec (3.9 EFI V8), leather, air con etc. All made in Black IIRC. That would be a nice collectable.

Will

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-LAND-ROV...ryZ29748QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :cool:

1c8c_19.JPG

Will

Think of how many good mercs you could get with £25k :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom