Lurching acceleration??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kveysey

Ok so lurching might be too strong a word for it but my 2004 C220 cdi has deleloped the habit of a gentle lurch or intermitant acceleration at low revs (around 2000ish). Not all the time but increasing. Feels like I'm on a boat sometimes:crazy:

I think it's starting to happen at higher speed now

It's got just over 60 000 miles and it doesn't seem to effect the ecomomy, returned over 50mpg the other day on the motorway.

Thank you in advance

Cheer anyway.

Come to think of it the problem isn't always on acceleration, it can happen on a slight upward hill when maintain a constant speed. Seems to be around 40mph.

It 'could' be a split in the turbo pipe, but one of the other guys'll have to tell you where to locate it, on my car it was right at the front of the engine near the grill - it may not be that but my car was displaying similar things a few months ago and it turned out I had a split in it.

It 'could' be a split in the turbo pipe, but one of the other guys'll have to tell you where to locate it, on my car it was right at the front of the engine near the grill - it may not be that but my car was displaying similar things a few months ago and it turned out I had a split in it.

I shall check that this morning thank you

Hi kveysey

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom