Lurching ...Skipping...Wobbling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KeithJG

Car
Vauxhall Tourer
Have been reading others threads with slightly confused explanations for symptoms of problems with driving.

When i bought my C class it handled very well even in the wet.......changed to four new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tyres and in the wet the front or back end will not ride over a bump neatly but will do a lurch a skip or even a slide to the left or right depending how big the bump in the road is.

Have put up with this for a couple of years until i had a nail in a front tyre and was too near the sidewall for a repair so now have two new F1`s on the front but they are the Assymetric 3 the latest one out and lo and behold the front does not skip anymore but the back still does still on Assymetric 2 ??

Also all the vibration when braking on the front has gone and i blamed a bad MB alloy wheel as now the amount of weights for balancing is halved ....the same amount on both front wheels.

I thought these make of tyres were supposed to be superb but i am having second thoughts although i do find now in this era it is the same with everything one buys?

I think its down to bigger tyre blocks that help with the tyre skipping.

Not heard of this problem specifically, everything I've read on this forum is how good they are.

I would try contacting Good Year, Pirelli refunded me in full for tyres for my W203 which suffered a high frequency vibration from the day I bought them, but which took a few weeks to become really noticeable. I forget whether I replaced them because it irritated me or whether it was due to a puncture, but the replacements (also Pirelli and same tread pattern) were spot on. Pirelli collected the old ones, tested them and sent me a cheque within a few days of contacting them. Maybe a manufacturing fault in the batch you have?

I wonder if the 3's are an overall lighter tyre than the 2's Wheel+tyre unsprung weight can make a big difference as to how a car feels on the road. here's a comparison.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just fitted a set of 3's to my summer wheels. Be interested to check them out in the spring, gotta be quieter than the conti's the car came with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom