Lurching under heavy braking!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
I had a bit of a moment shall we say on the way home from work today.. Firstly the car is a '96 C36 AMG and only yesterday I put on some 18" monoblock wheels, and pirelli Pzero boots. They are 225/40 on the front and 255/35 on the rears. I was driving in a manner that the car was designed for :D and stepped on the brakes quite hard at speed and the car reacted well however the rear end lurched to the right enough to make me think there was something wrong, I remember having to steer a little to compensate. I have since checked all the pressures and they are fine, 31psi all round... and I cant seem to replicate the lurching at lower speeds, even stomping on the anchors. I was wondering if perhaps with the momentum of suddenly braking and a bump or two in the wrong place on the road, if the wheel rubbed in the arch for a moment or two, and the friction caused extra braking on that rear tyre? Any help suggestions appreciated....

I'd guess rear misalignment meself, have you had the car lowered?

Nope, standard amg suspension... (my phillosophy is that if amg have already tweaked it then I dont need to mod it!) What exactly is misaligned do you think? Would it help to have the tracking checked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom