Luxury cars -v- pensions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
It is widely understood that a modern luxury car is financially just a huge money pit.
Yesterday a got a statement from one of the companies I hope one day to have a pension from. This particular small fund has shrunk from £31k to £25k since Christmas.:(
During the same period Glass’s guide would indicate that my S Class has gone from £30.2k to £29k. I’m reasonably sure that these market movements are not typical, but I am absolutely certain there could have been no nicer way to get around over the last few months.:D

As long as you have a few years to go until retirement, you will be fine. Your fund will recover.

If your still paying into it to while things a crap then when things do start to recover you should see an accelerated growth because of the pound cost averaging.

Buy a good W124 Estate with all the right bits and in good nick - it will increase in value, (slowly), and your dividend is in the "driving"

better investment than your ISA or whatever - these days

Buy a good W124 Estate with all the right bits and in good nick - it will increase in value, (slowly), and your dividend is in the "driving"

better investment than your ISA or whatever - these days

Bought a W124 estate in 1989! It was just a year old and I paid £17.5k.
Five years on I traded it for a L*x*s and they gave me £14k!
Best 'motoring' investment ever!:rock:

God - I know that feeling - I am just on the point of retirement and the pension pot I had a year ago is not even recognisable now :(

God - I know that feeling - I am just on the point of retirement and the pension pot I had a year ago is not even recognisable now :(

Wait 'til you go to buy your annuity - hit by a double whammy..:crazy::crazy::(

Wait 'til you go to buy your annuity - hit by a double whammy..:crazy::crazy::(

Tell 'em you smoke like a chimney, they'll give you a better rate ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom