Luxury climate (W211): possible to override rear temperature controls?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calum

Car
2005 W169 A150
Would anyone know: is it possible to override the rear temperature controls from the front, with luxury climate on a W211?

Would be a bit of a pain to have the kids fiddling around turning them up to 11, etc :)

Last edited:
calum said:
Would anyone know: is it possible to override the rear temperature controls from the front, with luxury climate on a W211?

Would be a bit of a pain to have the kids fiddling around turning them up to 11, etc :)

Hi Calum
There is a switch for actually turning on\off the automatic controls and there is also another switch that allows you to adjust the rear two temperatures.

I hope this answers your question? If not p.m. and I will willingly 'dig out' the manual.

;) if all else fails 'tighten the rear seat belts :)

Regards,
John

thanks very much John (as always :)

sorry to be a bit dense, but...

glojo said:
There is a switch for actually turning on\off the automatic controls
I'm not sure what you mean by "automatic controls". Do you mean you can disable the rear controls entirely?

glojo said:
if all else fails 'tighten the rear seat belts :)
nice one :)

calum said:
thanks very much John (as always :)

sorry to be a bit dense, but...

I'm not sure what you mean by "automatic controls". Do you mean you can disable the rear controls entirely?

nice one :)

If you think your dense!!!! Try explaining things to me....

As you are aware the 4 zone system can be set to automatically control the temperature in the separate four quarters of the car. This 'automatic' feature can be switched on or off thus over riding the temperature settings and acting like a normal heater.

It sounds like you want to isolate the controls to the rear and just control all settings from the front??? I have not found this option. (it might be there)

You can definitely set the temperature in the rear compartment from the front controls :) and monitor them. (boy this is getting difficult)

"""The rear compartment air conditioning does not cool the air if the cooling function in the automatic air conditioning has been switched off on the front control pane"""

Wheww (I bet you are none the wiser?)

Ah, yes, I see it all clearly now. Not.

I did ask my dealer, since I was genuinely interested to know whether the little tikes in the back could **** up the temperature which, given that the car isn't in four hermetically sealed sections, would affect everyone.

Of course, the dealer didn't know...

i.e. if I set 18C on the front panel, intending that I want the whole car at that temp, I don't want the kids selecting 30C for a laugh and getting a load of hot air - of both sorts - into the back

calum said:
i.e. if I set 18C on the front panel, intending that I want the whole car at that temp, I don't want the kids selecting 30C for a laugh and getting a load of hot air - of both sorts - into the back

you can only get a 4 degree diference anyways

calum said:
Ah, yes, I see it all clearly now. Not.

I did ask my dealer, since I was genuinely interested to know whether the little tikes in the back could **** up the temperature which, given that the car isn't in four hermetically sealed sections, would affect everyone.

Of course, the dealer didn't know...

You can control the rear temperature from the front, but as previously stated I do not think you can 'permanantly' isolate the rear controls. After 8 seconds of none use control will go back to the rear unit.

On the positive side the controls are not easily accessible and I believe only work with the engine running. (I will get 'the boss' to check later)

I do have a pdf file of the US manual which will no doubt have 4 zone climate control. It is approximately 6.3megs

Sorry about my poor attempts at explaining this but feel free to download the manual.

Regards,
John

thanks again John,

glojo said:
Sorry about my poor attempts at explaining this but feel free to download the manual.
great; but from where?

Last edited:
excellent, thanks John. I can see that at least I will be able to see if the tikes have been fiddling, which is something, at least :)

calum said:

'The boss' has been playing with the controls and we have decided the simple answer is 'No'. (unless someone knows different?)

I hope this helps (at last)
John

glojo said:
'The boss' has been playing with the controls and we have decided the simple answer is 'No'. (unless someone knows different?)

I hope this helps (at last)
John

I bet she thinks you are truly bonkers.!! :crazy:

Dieselman said:
I bet she thinks you are truly bonkers.!! :crazy:

Whats with the 'thinks' :)

Regards,
John

um - bit of tape over the controls?

a good telling off?

pull the fuse?

Users who are viewing this thread