Luxury weekend Break, For the wife turning 40! Need Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above,

Does anyone know of a 5 star hotel, or Luxury Cabin with hot tub etc that i could book for my wifes 40th Birthday present?

I didn't think it could be this hard tbh but im struggling to find somewhere suitable.

Budget wise looking anything upto to £1,200 plus meals etc 2-3 nights

Location wise Anything East Anglia and about as far out to Surrey staying in the Uk.

Looking at January dates

Were based in Harwich essex.

Just thought it was worth a ask :thumb::crazy:

Last edited:
If you like class more than bling I'd go for the Blakeney Hotel in, um Blakeney. But you have to get room 3. North Norfolk will be moody and romantic in January.

If you are going over a weekend, ask the hotel are there any weddings/parties etc.

Ask for a room far from the ballroom.....

If you are going over a weekend, ask the hotel are there any weddings/parties etc.

Ask for a room far from the ballroom.....
That’s a good point. My daughter’s school arranged a big party (“prom” for the children when they completed their GCSEs, and it was at a reasonably pleasant hotel. There was also a wedding reception on the same night. The combined noise until the early hours was completely unacceptable.

The parties were noisey enough, but far too many parents and boyfriends dropping off and collecting their children and girlfriends seemed to get a little bit “too” into it and were revving their engines, showing off. All a bit embarrassing, especially as many were otherwise respectable people.

At the time I thought I”d be moving hotels quick-smart if I had been due to stay there that night.

Treat the missus to a long weekend on the South Coast at the Hilton in Bournemouth, with plenty of change from your budget for shopping;)
Spa ...tick
Hot tub....tick
Indoor pool ....tick

A dozen restaurants within a 5 minute walk. 10 mins walk to the beach.
You can thank me later:D

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwiHnL_txuDlAhX2QEEAHePHAvQQoiowC3oECA0QBg

Steer well clear of the Manor Aux Quatre Saisons if you want to stay within budget. The Manoir's typically £500+ a night, excluding dinner.

January is a quiet off-season month, so this cries out for a late booking deal.

Myself, in January, I'd be wondering about a flight south. Flights and accommodation are cheap and it's MUCH warmer in Cannes, Marbella, or Lisbon.

Easyjet and BA Holidays do all kinds of packaged flight / accommodation / car deals for your kind of budget.

While its not exactly what you have asked for, have you considered Warner Leisure Hotels? A break with entertainment, in a hotel built round a historic house? Spa treatments available at most locations, plus indoor pool, steam room, sauna etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom