Lying dealership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RTR1879

Car
Mercedes Benz C350e Sport
Evening guys and gals

Have any of you been bare-faced lied to by someone at a dealership, and if so did you let them know you knew?

It's happened to me yesterday. I don't pick my car back up until tomorrow.

Not at all pointless. I just wondered if anyone had experienced it. I've had it confirmed I've been lied to by a third party, it's just a question now of what I do (if anything) with that information.

MB Giffnock lied to me about my VHC and what had been done , or not , during the service.

Later i had a one 2 one with the service manager who promised me the earth just to get me out of the office , complete waste of time and one of the reasons i have a distrust of main dealers.

K

MB Giffnock lied to me about my VHC and what had been done , or not , during the service.

Later i had a one 2 one with the service manager who promised me the earth just to get me out of the office , complete waste of time and one of the reasons i have a distrust of main dealers.

K
Thanks Kenny. That's what I was wondering. Is there any point saying anything, or just take my business elsewhere in future and learn from it.

I really hoped my local dealership was trustworthy, but it seems not.

Not at all pointless. I just wondered if anyone had experienced it. I've had it confirmed I've been lied to by a third party, it's just a question now of what I do (if anything) with that information.

Rather pointless without detail, is it a trivial lie or one that costs you money?

Advice would vary from ignore it through to call a solicitor depending on the "lie"

It's a warranty issue. Well, work that isn't covered by warranty. Which in itself is fine, I have a bill to pay for "some" of the work, but the service manager has lied about what he's done and how he's got to the figure I need to pay. And another dealership involved has confirmed this to me. They couldn't believe what he'd told me.

How will someone else’s experience help you, the lies won’t be the same, the scenario would have been different. Without knowing what the lie is, can’t see how others can help.

Thanks Kenny. That's what I was wondering. Is there any point saying anything, or just take my business elsewhere in future and learn from it.

I really hoped my local dealership was trustworthy, but it seems not.

Problem with my nearest two MD`s is that they both had poor reviews , so taking mine elsewhere was going to be a bit of a faff especially when i was working full time.

Service manager must deal with complaints like mine daily and was giving me the standard spiel from the - "tell the customer what they want to hear" book , then laughing up his sleeve when i left his office.

He will do it to the wrong person at some point who may not be as level headed as i was that day.

K

This is actually the 2nd time I've had cause to doubt them. My previous car was a C350e hybrid and within a week of taking delivery someone snapped off the charger flap whilst it was parked up charging. Probably squeezing past or something. Anyway, I got a quote for repair from my local dealership and it came in at over £400 which I figured was a little steep. I obtained a 2nd quote from a MB dealership close to my office and in another city and theirs was £198. They did a smashing job too.

In itself, not totally damning, but suspicions were raised. Now confirmed.

How will someone else’s experience help you, the lies won’t be the same, the scenario would have been different. Without knowing what the lie is, can’t see how others can help.
I'm not after specifics. I'm just interested in whether anyone has rumbled a lie and what they chose to do about it.

And here's me, thinking this was a forum for sharing experiences.....

That rather depends on the nature and level of the lie, hence the responses. Sometimes it's easier to just let it be and vote with your wallet. Other times, to paraphrase Rory Breaker, it's a declaration of war.

There's deliberate deception borderlining on fraud.

There's incompetence and poor communication where you're being told one thing but something else happens.

And there's 'white lies' told by someone out of their depth but still trying to answer questions they don't actually know the answer to, by making it up as they go along.

Which one was it?

Just confront the issue directly.

I was told xyz, But someone told xyz is not true. Can you expalain as it undermines customer relations.

I'll expand on the details if anyone is interested after I've got my car back later.

I think trust in your dealership is rather important, and at the moment I just don't have much of that.

How do you know that the other dealership that has 'confirmed the lie' to you isn't just telling you what you want to hear in the hope of getting your business? How do we know that you presented the situation (which you can't describe to us) to the other dealer in an unbiased way?

You may as well post "Dealers are liars - Discuss."

How do you know that the other dealership that has 'confirmed the lie' to you isn't just telling you what you want to hear in the hope of getting your business? How do we know that you presented the situation (which you can't describe to us) to the other dealer in an unbiased way?

You may as well post "Dealers are liars - Discuss."
I thought buyers were liars?

People sadly tend to beleive what they hear (are told) and not what they have any factual evidence about what is right or wrong.
Sadly human nature.
A former German leader is the prime example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom