M-B Classic Mag - The W201 25th Anniversary.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Mercedes-Benz Classic magazine is published 4 times a year by DaimlerChrysler AG, Communications.

The latest edition is largely devoted to celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the W201 Series.

Just from looking at the cover you know this isn't the usual rehashed stuff with pretty pictures at jaunty, annoying angles, written by people just out of their teens.

p10480500.jpg

It's serious in-depth interviews with the heavyweights, the people who designed & built the W201 Series & is packed with archive photos which I've never seen before.

Some of you may know that my 2.3-16 was on the front cover of Mercedes Enthusiast in May when they featured one of each of the 16 valve cars. While that write up had nice photos it didn't really have anything new to say about the cars. This MB Classic edition has far and away the best magazine articles I've ever read about these cars. Without meaning to sound like a know it all it actually told me things about these car that I didn't know before. Interesting too to see the very high regard the W201 cars are held in by MB insiders.

Particularly fascinating are the many archive photos of prototypes which didn't make it into production - ever wondered what a factory designed 190SL, 190TE or 190 City car might have looked like?

I ordered copies for the hardcore 190 fans on mercedes190.co.uk & have some left over. The price is £10 mailed anywhere in the UK. I'm afraid it's it's that high because I had to pay retail & have them shipped from Germany.

I think it's worth it. Please PM me if you'd like one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom