M.O.T history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Motoring : Directgov - MOT history request

My car has been fortunate to pass all of it's M.O.T's with no advisories apart from the last one which was done at KwikFix just like the previous 3, the advisory says "Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components" didnt they notice them the last 3years?, any1 had similar advisories?

Some vehicle's undertrays make it hard for testers to check for oil leaks and suspension joints and certain other components and many newer cars have under trays running from the front all the way to the rear of the car. As a tester is not permitted to remove any panels or anything to carry out an MOT test, I'd say its probably just advising that the extent of the test was limited due to not being able to access the parts of the car in question....

So me being cynical are you implying that if a car has an undertray fitted then its more likely to pass if the tester cant test the components ?

That being the case it makes the procedure a bit of a mockery, where two cars could have the same fault, yet the one with an undertray passes the other doesn't.

They should have included removal of under trays on the last M.O.T update, id hate to imagine what could be hidden under there.

Perhaps it is your service engineer (and you) who should be taking the responsibility for the well being and roadworthiness of your car.
The MOT test is of necessity limited to inspection so far as it is possible, more or less on a tick list basis, and is not intended to be relied upon to determine that your car is all as the manufacturer intended throughout its life.

Mic

As i am not qualified to test vehicle's for M.O.T's nor do i have access to a ramp i'll leave it to the pro's ;)

I just think they put random things down. On my car I got "scrubbed front tyre edges" one year and next year (still same tyres fitted and car tested by same person) he noted "chip in windscreen" (same chip as was there the year before but wasn't mentioned) but didn't mention the tyres which obviously must have been even more scrubbed than the year before!

Just had my daughter's car tested and they noted faded OS rear indicator lens. It looks exactly the same as the NS one and doesn't look faded even if I try and be super-critical.

MoT has always been a joke, and its getting worse now.......I have had my Lexus tested at the same garage for the past four years, last year it got an advisory that it had the wrong wheels fitted! Have had the same wheels and tyre make fitted since I have owned the car.
It just had its new test last month and it sailed through with no advisories and the same wheels! And yes I checked, it was the same tester also.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom