M Tex Trim (W202)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrispy

Car
97 W202
I've had my eye on a black M Tex trim for my W202 and wanted the opinion of members here as to their quality? Ideally i'd like a black leather sports trim for my Merc but they're like rocking horse poop to get hold of and I hear the same thing everytime I ring a breakers yard (sold one yesterday and not expecting any in the forseeable future).

Your opinions as always are much appreciated.

Mb Tex is much much tougher but doesnt feel as nice.

had a client yesterday that turned up in a 1987 W124 estate that had cream MB Tex.. this car had 180K on the clock but the seats looked brand new, i mean zero wear...and these were cream, normally the ones to show the dirt..

It's the toughness I was worried about. I like a nice smooth leather seat to park my rear end in and was worried that the M Tex on a long run would be uncomfortable.

they are comfortable but in the hot they can be like sitting on plastic, i.e make you sweaty... but they do have breather holes... just not like leather..

Thanks for the help my friend, it's much appreciated. I think i'll give them a miss
handshake-1.gif

You guessed correctly sir :) I hate the cloth interior in mine. If it were a plain black one it would'nt be so bad but it has this bloody awful blue pattern on it and i'd love a black leather interior for it.

MB-Tex is the hardest wearing interior material of any car I have known. It is comfortable in summer and winter.
It doesn't feel plasticky in any way, and imho is far superior to leather or cloth.
But I would still choose leather, purely on the smell/snob/resale values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom