M1 Road Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
I was travelling down the M1 yesterday evening around 7:00pm somewhere between junctions 19 and 16 when a rather intimidating sight appeared in my rear view mirror. I only recognised it from magazine pictures. Traffic wasn't too heavy but there was some about but it was not hanging about. I just pulled to the inside and wound down the window to listen as a Lambourghini Reventon came screaming past. Right on it's tail, just as fast and loud was a black CLK DTM coupe. The Lambo's reg was MAX 1T, the DTM's was OT 8 or 8 OT.
Neither driver seemed to care about their licence much, speeding, overtaking cars on the inside, trying to gain an advantage over each other and quite obviously racing.

What a magnificent noise, but as nice as the cars were to both see and hear, book yourselves a track lads.
In the traffic on the M1 is no place to be racing.

271010114271561600x1060.jpg

Is this the Lambo? (courtesay of Autocar....) whilst at Goodwood over the weekend.

I'm sure one of the camera operators manning the CCTV would have seen them try to set a lap record. Whether the operators do anything about it is a different matter.

That's exactly why I am NOT getting a private license plate :D

Yes, one downside of private plates, they're too easy to remember. I think UAE / Arab plates would probably be better :D

I went to Uni with a couple of guys from Dubai, they'd bring their cars over and park wherever they wanted, this was a few years ago and if I recall correctly one of them had his licence plate in just the Arabic numeric script (the current style plates have both types of number).

That's exactly why I am NOT getting a private license plate :D

EVERY licence plate is 'private' - in as much as it is unique ; you , and you alone , are the only one with rights to it .

EVERY licence plate is 'private' - in as much as it is unique ; you , and you alone , are the only one with rights to it .

I thought the vehicle had the rights to the number plate, not the owner.

I thought the vehicle had the rights to the number plate, not the owner.

How do you work that out?

If the vehicle is sold who has the right to keep the plate?
Yes the owner has.

Alex.

Nobody has any rights to any number plate except the Government. We are given 'leasehold' but they all remain theirs.

agree with Gridlock

any number plate can be confiscated and taken back by the DVLA at any time!

Surely the elephant in the room here is the sad fact that there is someone out there with enough money (1 million Euros) to buy a Reventon and is so sad that they think the number plate "MAX IT" looks anything but completely naff.

I have nothing against a good personal plate (PR 1 would be lovely) but "MAX IT" belongs on a Citroen Saxo, not a rare beast like the Reventon.

As an aside, when I went the the Lamborghini factory last year, they had one parked in the hallway on the way to the worker's canteen. Loads of people brushing past it - literally (it was a small hallway). Bizarre.

99% of cars we'd donate a testicle for are sold to people who you wouldn't micturate on if they were combusting.

That purple AMG SLS, frinstance, belongs to someone who owns slaves and who is kept in power by the Dark Lord Cheney. Other cars are owned by people who think MAX 1T is a good plate for perhaps the most tastefully excessive Lambo ever (another Reventon owner is the dictator of Chechnya's son, someone who has form for all sorts of stuff I'd not want to describe lest you lost your faith in humanity)

Surely the elephant in the room here is the sad fact that there is someone out there with enough money (1 million Euros) to buy a Reventon and is so sad that they think the number plate "MAX IT" looks anything but completely naff.

I have nothing against a good personal plate (PR 1 would be lovely) but "MAX IT" belongs on a Citroen Saxo, not a rare beast like the Reventon.

As an aside, when I went the the Lamborghini factory last year, they had one parked in the hallway on the way to the worker's canteen. Loads of people brushing past it - literally (it was a small hallway). Bizarre.

Nope it definitely belongs to a Reventon Spyder,

maxit.jpg

I seem to remember it belongs or loaned to one of the guys from either Max Power or Pistonheads. Will check it out as my memory fails me these days :doh:

If you wish to see a Reventon that isn't currently in the hands of a mass murderer or similar, there is one in the Lamborghini dealership in South Kensington, just opposite the tube. If you can't afford it, you could buy a Lamborghini T shirt for £200. Bargain....

EDIT - of far greater interest, if you head into Kendrick Mews, you will find two rare motor dealers, one of which has a VdP bodied Le Mans Bentley in British Racing Green (either a speed six or a 4.5 litre) and on the other side, an earlier Bentley 3 litre again in racing green. I'd rather have one of those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom