M103 Ignition/HT leads

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Will, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    GL63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Hi gang,

I'm looking to replace the HT/Ignition leads on my '91 124 300TE. What are peoples views/experiences of the best type and source for this engine?

I expect OE MB leads are going to be the preferred choice, but if we're looking at a lot of cash then it might be worth me waiting to source a set slightly cheaper (this is a cheap runaround car and doesn't warrant large expenditure).

I generally dislike GSF/ECP due to some poor experiences WRT being supplied incorrect bits etc but I would consider them if they could offer OE Beru/Bosch (or whoever the OEM is) for a decent price.

Other than this, if someone on here has found a great aftermarket set at an attractive price, please let me know :)

Cheers,

Will

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    I would've thought any decent silicon covered leads would be fine, just avoid anything that are either hard to bend or don't fit very well.

3. OP
    OP
    Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Hi Will,

Yep I agree - I'm sure most decent quality leads should be fine (as long as the materials are good and they are properly made with quality connectors), just trying to find out if anyone on here can specifically recommend some based on these points, and maybe suggest a supplier who would provide them for a decent price :)

I'll pop into GSF next time I'm passing (with gritted teeth!) and have a look/see what they have available.

(await post from me cursing them again because leads are either too short/too long/too thick/don't fit/don't work etc etc....;))

Cheers,

Will

4. punjabi

punjabi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    V230, 300TE
    Bought a BERU set from GSF recently - fits perfectly with correct lengths and connectors.

5. OP
    OP
    Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Thanks!

That sounds promising, I had a look on their web site but it didn't mention the brand, but if they are ~ £50+VAT for genuine BERU leads I would be happy :)

Does that price sound about right or did you have to pay extra for the BERU ones?

Will

6. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008