M103 Ignition/HT leads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Hi gang,

I'm looking to replace the HT/Ignition leads on my '91 124 300TE. What are peoples views/experiences of the best type and source for this engine?

I expect OE MB leads are going to be the preferred choice, but if we're looking at a lot of cash then it might be worth me waiting to source a set slightly cheaper (this is a cheap runaround car and doesn't warrant large expenditure).

I generally dislike GSF/ECP due to some poor experiences WRT being supplied incorrect bits etc but I would consider them if they could offer OE Beru/Bosch (or whoever the OEM is) for a decent price.

Other than this, if someone on here has found a great aftermarket set at an attractive price, please let me know :)

Cheers,

Will

I would've thought any decent silicon covered leads would be fine, just avoid anything that are either hard to bend or don't fit very well.

Hi Will,

Yep I agree - I'm sure most decent quality leads should be fine (as long as the materials are good and they are properly made with quality connectors), just trying to find out if anyone on here can specifically recommend some based on these points, and maybe suggest a supplier who would provide them for a decent price :)

I'll pop into GSF next time I'm passing (with gritted teeth!) and have a look/see what they have available.

(await post from me cursing them again because leads are either too short/too long/too thick/don't fit/don't work etc etc....;))

Cheers,

Will

Bought a BERU set from GSF recently - fits perfectly with correct lengths and connectors.

Bought a BERU set from GSF recently - fits perfectly with correct lengths and connectors.

Thanks!

That sounds promising, I had a look on their web site but it didn't mention the brand, but if they are ~ £50+VAT for genuine BERU leads I would be happy :)

Does that price sound about right or did you have to pay extra for the BERU ones?

Will

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom