M103 valve cover gaskets , the best to use .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi i am just about to replace my valve cover gasket .
I would think that its a job most of you guys have done on you W124 M103 engines . Only asking what type of gasket is the best one to use . I am spoiled for choice. Payen, Elring, and some i have never come across before .Any one done it ?, and if so what gasket is best .I do stick to MB original parts as much as i can. But its order now , and wait at my local mb parts depot .And they dont have anything on the web site, to request for parts .I would have to ring up .Then wait for a call for the part to come in from who knows where . Thank you .

Last edited:
I find my local Mercedes dealer (Taunton) very good, they quickly identify the part you require from the reg number and normally it's there next day, maybe 2, price of a gasket won't be huge and you'll ensure you're getting quality

Elring gaskets are very good quality, I use them for all m103/4 rebuilds. Get it delivered to your door from KMS.

By the way I would put a thin smear of hylomar blue to guarantee it won't leak again. I had to do it twice on mine because it leaked at the semi circle end bit not long after. Never leaked again with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom