M104 300-24 in a W201 conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clubman

Car
W201 190e 2.6 Auto
I've been reading many posts on this forum and others regarding the conversion and fitment of a 3.0ltr engine into a W201.

Having been toying with the idea of fitting a bigger lump to my M103 2.6 engined W201 for some months, a good condition 300-24 engine has come available local to me.

Will this engine fit into the 6cyl W201 and if so what modifications, if any, would be needed, i.e. Engine mountings, exhaust manifold to downpipe etc.

Apart from taking the 3.0ltr ECU and EZL, are there any additional ancillary parts I would need to change? Should I also get the 3.0ltr's auto box or stick with my original box?

Sorry for all the Q's!!!

Cheers,

Stu

[email protected]

Use your original engine mounts and exhaust downpipe, these are a direct fit to the m104. Your original gearbox will work fine with the new engine, but bear in mind it's much easier to remove the gearbox and engine together than separate them in the car.

Get the full engine harness, the ezl unit, and the ecu.

The swap can be done in a day if your just fitting it as it is.

Be warned that the ezl unit for this engine is a known weakness, and they are silly money to replace compared to the m103 unit.

Thanks Carat. Brett on the 190 forum said you'd know the answer. I'm going to inspect the car is week and hear the engine running. Sounds an easy enough swap. Much appriciated.

No worries. I've put a few m104's into the 190, anything you need give me a shout.

As you can see, an m104 is a rather snug fit...

1186_zpsmkkwdiyr.jpg

It is! This was Brett's old 2.6 sportline which we fitted a 320 into. :cool:

That's neat Carat :thumb: but it's not the same as the 300-24 the OP was intending. Or are they much of a muchness other than the electronics?

That's neat Carat :thumb: but it's not the same as the 300-24 the OP was intending. Or are they much of a muchness other than the electronics?

Apart from the wiring they are pretty much the same job to fit in the 190.

Only things I can think of that are worth mentioing-
The 300-24 has a seperate oil cooler mounted behind the bumper, you need to transfer the mounting point for this from the donor car or make your own. The 320's air box gets in the way of the coolant pipe to the duo valve, just a case of moving the pipe over.:thumb:

I reckon the 300-24 valver will be slightly less snug in terms of airbox area etc.
Very nice conversion that will turn out, I loved my 24 valver

Hi guys am new to this forum I have a 190e with the 2.0litre and I have just burt a w124 with a m104 320 an may plans are to put the m104 in the 190e an help please engine out the donna car but the wiring looms looks abit of a mission please any ideas or help thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom